Chapter 6: Blossoming "Friendship"

We have been on a roll with publishing chapters lately. Hope y'all enjoy~!

The next morning, Urata woke up to his alarm. He does his morning routine mentioned in chapter 3. Then, he goes downstairs to make waffles for breakfast.

Luz, who woke up before him for today, was making the breakfast right now because he felt as if the older male suffered enough already yesterday. He decided to make the only thing he knew to make. Cupcakes. He noticed the brunette coming as he greeted him smiling. "Good Morning, Urata-san! Did you sleep well?", he asked.

Urata was slightly surprised to see the younger man baking, but got over it quickly. "Yes. Did you? Also what are you making?"

"Cupcakes! I woke up a bit earlier because it takes some time... I thought it'd be nice to make them now because of yesterday.", Luz explained scratching his cheek.

Urata sighs. "You do know cupcakes is far from a good thing to eat for breakfast, right? It's basically just sugar. I do appreciate the sentiment though. But leave the cooking to me from now on."

"Eh?! Fine... But you have to tell me if there's anything I can do to help you, ok? I don't want to leave all the work to you after all...", Luz said as he looked down.

"Get some skills other than card games and I'll think about it," Urata retorts.

"How mean... I'll leave breakfast to you then and come back when you finished.", Luz sulked as he walked to the living room to wait for the brunette to finish.

Urata rolled his eyes, but did so. He grabbed all the ingredients needed and then started to get the waffles ready.

After around 15 minutes of cooking, he finished the waffles. He had made plain ones for Luz, adding whipped cream and fruits like he did the previous day, and cinnamon waffles for himself.

Luz smelled the slight sweet scent as he walked back to the kitchen and his eyes lightened up again. "Waffles! And you even made them how I like them the most. You're so thoughtful, Urata-san!", Luz said as he took the plates out and started to make some tea for himself. "Is there anything you want to drink, Urata-san?", Luz asked.

Urata thought for a minute before deciding, "apple juice."

Urata places the food on the table and then got silverware for them so they could eat with manners. He than sat down, waiting for Luz to join him at the table.

Luz joined shortly after placing the glass of apple juice for Urata on the table before sitting down. "Thanks for the food.", he mumbled happily before he started eating humming happily. "That tastes great too, Urata-san.", Luz praised as he took a sip of his tea.

"Thanks. I'm glad you like it." Urata says before eating his own food.

Soon, they finish up all their food and put the dirty dishes into the sink. Urata then grabs his bag and starts heading out. "Let's get to class before we're late!"

"Yes!", Luz replies as he quickly took his bag checking if he had everything before following Urata outside as they headed to the school.

Urata walked with his hands in his pockets and Yamadanuki resting on his shoulder. They walked peacefully, but the peace didn't last too long once they passed a certain red head and purple haired's house. The two mentioned males had bursted through their door, seemingly in a rush.

"I don't want to run again~", Sakata whined sleepily as he rubbed his eyes. "Are we going to be like this everyday?", Sakata asked. He then noticed the brunette as his expression changed into a happy smile. "Ah, good morning, Urata-san~", Sakata greeted. He then noticed Luz as well as he greeted the other too.