Chapter 10: Love Potion

Mafumafu, Sou, and Sakata soon arrive at Sou and Eve's dorm. Sou leads the two of them to his bedroom.

"Would either of you like anything to drink or eat before we begin?" Sou asks the two males.

"I don't know... Do you have any snacks?", Sakata asked as he felt himself growing a bit hungry.

"Sure! What kind do you want?" Sou asks him.

"Some chips please~", Sakata answered happily.

"Any specific flavors?" Sou asks.

"You have different flavors here?! Well, I am fine with anything but if there is a weird or unique flavor then I'd like to have that please~", Sakata replied.

Sou nods and turns to Mafumafu. "And you?"

"Hm... Do you happen to have any chocolate chip cookies?" Mafumafu asks.

Sou nods. "Sure do! I'll be right back!"

Sou leaves the room and comes back in a few moments later with the food. He hands Sakata two bags of chips, one being salt and vinegar the other being cheese and ketchup. He then hands Mafumafu a plate of chocolate chip cookies.

"Eat up and then we'll start the potion making!" Sou says.

They nodded and Sakata opened the bag of chips as he tried them enjoying the flavor as he hadn't tasted those before.

"I wish I could just try the chips here all day but we still have to finish making that potion, don't we?", Sakata said laughing lightly as he continued munching on the chips though.

Sou and Mafumafu smile and nod.

"Why does Ms. Reol want us to make these potions anyways?" Mafumafu wonders out loud.

Sakata only shrugged as he ate the chips. "Dunno... maybe to prepare us for our future life of something like that? Or it's just some useless exercise that teachers make us do.

Like when the teachers teach you math and you just wonder why the hell you need it in your life.", Sakata said.

Sou nods. "That's true."

"I wonder if she's gonna keep it though. Maybe she'll give it back to us? Who would get the potion then?" Mafumafu wonders again, munching on a cookie.

"Anyone who would want to keep it~ And if everyone wants it we can just play Rock Paper Scissors to decide who gets the potion~", Sakata suggested.

"I think we should just destroy it!" Sou says. "We'd have no use for it after all."

"I guess that's true because if any of is gave it to someone, we don't know for absolute certainty that we'd be the first person in their sight, since our DNA wouldn't be in it." Mafumafu nods in agreement.

Sakata mumbled to himself in dissatisfaction. "What's so bad about using it anyway?", he asked not convinced at all.

"Well, think about it. You're taking away someone's free will. It's like they are a spectator in their own body. Don't you think it's better to let that person be in control of their body at all times than have them forced to love you because you love them?" Sou asks, hoping to get through to Sakata.

"I know... but imagine if you really want someone and you know that you have no other way to get them to like you... and you really want to be with them... would there be another way? Would you have a better idea to get them to like you back even if they don't show any interest?", Sakata asked as his expression darkened.

Mafumafu looked back and forth between the two males. "Look, how about we change the topic, since we clearly aren't getting along!"

Sakata nodded smiling at the albino. "You're right. Let's just finish this assignment first then~"