Mr. Fox

The dam was extremely welcoming. It was warm and cosy despite it's small size. Perhaps it was too warm, I'd removed my cloak and cardigan. I sat beside Peter and Susan as Mrs. Beaver was cooking. Mr. Beaver was chatting with Peter. I yawned softly. The fire was so warm - it was tiring. I rested my head on Susan's shoulder. Peter glanced at me as Susan wrapped her arm over my shoulders.

"Fish and chips dear," Mrs. Beaver said with a smile as she placed a plate in front of Lucy. Lucy looked upset as she held her handkerchief. Peter watched her solemnly before sighing.
"Is there nothing that we can do about Mr. Tumnus?" he asked.
"Well..." Mrs. Beaver began, "there is hope!" She hit Mr. Beaver who spat out some of his drink.
"Yeah, yeah, there's loads of help!" he said, "Aslan is on the move!"
My eyes widened as I sat up. Peter glanced at me in shock.
"A-Aslan?" I whispered.
"Who's Aslan?" Edmund asked.

"Who's Aslan?" Mr. Beaver laughed, "You silly little blighter." Mrs. Beaver placed her had on his arm as she realized that no one - other than Peter and me - knew. "You really don't know, do you?"
"Well we haven't exactly been here long," Peter admitted.
"He's only the king the whole wood, the true king of Narnia.... and he's waiting for you!" he cried.
"Waiting for us?" Lucy asked.
"You got to be joking! Look, Aslan's return, Tumnus' arrest.....the secret police! They're all happening because of you!"
"You're blaming us?" Susan looked highly offended and I gently held her hand as I shook my head.
"Not blaming you dear," Mrs. Beaver smiled, "thanking you."

"There's....a prophecy, When Adam's flesh and Adam's bone sits in if Cair Paravel in throne the evil is over and done," Mr. Beaver spoke. My eyes widened as I pieced it together.
"The white witch!" I cried, "Jadis!"
Everyone looked at me.
"She calls herself Queen! Sh-she's the evil!" I said.
"See, she's knows!" Mr. Beaver cried, "Why don't any of you?"
"My Grandfather... he's Professor Digory Kirke," I whispered, "he-he accidentally let Jadis into Narnia."
There was an awkward silence.
"Ah well," Mrs. Beaver said.

"The prophecy," Susan said, "it doesn't rhyme."
"I know, but you're not getting the point!" Mr. Beaver cried. Mrs. Beaver smiled as she sat beside Mr. Beaver.
"It's long been told that two sons of Adam and three daughters of Eve will appear to defeat the White Witch, and restore peace to Narnia," she informed.
"And you think we're the ones?" Peter asked.
"Well I hope so!" Mr. Beaver cried, "Aslan's already fitting your army!"
"Army?" I cried.
"I think you've made a mistake!" Peter cried, "we're not heroes!" I agreed quietly.
"We're from Finchley!" Susan cried. Lucy clutched the handkerchief and looked at Peter with tears in her eyes as he stood up.
"It's time that we got going," Peter said. I grasped onto his wrist causing him to look at me.
"What about Mr. Tumnus?" Lucy cried.
"We can't leave Peter!" I replied.
"Sorry Lucy, sorry Miss Arabella, but it's out of out hands," Peter said but my grip tightened.
"Thank you for your hospitality," Susan said as she stood up. Lucy started sobbing. I gripped Peter's wrist.
"Peter, please," I whispered, "they need us-" he ripped his arm from me hands and stepped back. He seemed annoyed.
"You need to stop believing in every little fairytale Arabella," he said harshly, "this - Narnia - shouldn't be real. This prophecy is fake. I'm sorry Arabella but can't you just grow up and focus on our real lives in the real world?"

My heart pounded as my eyes watered. I glared harshly at him as I stood up. Susan went to grab my hand but I pulled away.
"Fine," I snapped, my face inches from his, "I'll go by myself." With that, I stormed out of the dam angrily. A single tear traveled down my cheek.
"Oh dear, please don't go!" Mrs. Beaver cried, "It's too dangerous!"
"Thank you," was all I said as I left the dam.

It was freezing to say the least. I was merely in a white blouse with a knee length green skirt. It had been summer back at home. Ignoring the cold, I stomped away from the dam in the cold. I could hear Lucy and Susan shouting at Peter.