What Happens When You Die in Narnia?

My heart dropped. The ice was indeed melting. It kept falling apart and rushing down the raging currents. My breathing stopped for a split second. I had to walk... on that? I stood frozen as Peter, Lucy and the beavers scurried off. Susan stood with me.
"Wait!" she cried and everyone froze, "Maybe we should think about this!" I nodded in fear. Peter glared at the two of us and seethed. He clutched my wrist.
"We don't have time!" he said as he began to drag me, I cried out in horror and fear.
"I'm just trying to be logical!" she protested and I agreed.
"I agree with Susan!" I cried.
"No," Peter sneered, "you're trying to be smart, like always." I could tell that Susan took offense to Peter's words as he pulled me - unwillingly - down the hill.

We stood at the edge of the river, I was shivering in fear as I clutched Susan's hand tightly. Peter stood, wide-eyed as he saw the ice breaking. He went to take a step.
"Wait, maybe I should go first," Mr. Beaver suggested as he stepped forward. He tapped the ice with his tail, searching for the strongest pathway.
"Maybe you should," Peter agreed. I hid behind Susan as I watched the ice break. Susan stroked my hand with her thumb soothingly. Mrs. Beaver gasped.
"You've been sneaking second helpings haven't you?" she accused.
"Well, you never know which meal is gonna be ya last, especially with your cooking," Mr. Beaver replied with snicker.
"Was that a compliment?" I asked.

We began to follow Mr. Beaver across the ice. I was more hesitant as I held onto Susan's arm. She didn't seem to mind that much.
"If mum knew what we were doing," she stated as we stepped onto a slightly loose slab of ice making me scream as the water hit my ankle.
"Mum's not here," Peter replied. All of a sudden, the barking of the wolves sounded near. I caught sight of them running across the top of the waterfall, the ice fell with their paw steps.
"Oh no," Lucy said in horror as Peter grasped her hand.
"Run!" he cried as they began to run.
"What!?" I screamed as Susan pulled me along, "Are you insane?"

The wolves jumped down from the waterfall and surrounded us. I began to weep as the ice cracked and became harder to stand on. Peter, unwisely, withdrew his sword. The wolves growled and sneered as they circled us. One capture Mr. Beaver. I screamed in horror.
"Put that down boy," the leader of the pack snarled, "or someone might get hurt." Peter glanced briefly at Mr. Beaver who was struggling.
"Don't worry about me!" he cried, "Slit his throat!" I gasped in shock. What a violent thing to say in front of Lucy!

Susan seemed to agree with me as she grasped Peter's shoulder harshly. Before she could say something, however, the wolf spoke again.
"Leave now while you can," he bluffed, "and your brother leaves with you."
"Stop bluffing!" I snapped.
"Stop Peter," Susan cried, "maybe we should listen to him!"
"Smart girl," the wolf smirked. I furrowed my eyebrows as I pulled out my twin daggers. I stepped forward, I acted brave but on the inside, I was terrified. Everyone watched me.
"Arabella!" Susan began but I cut her off with a side glare. I stepped forward so the I was directly in front of the wolf.
"Don't listen to him!" Mr. Beaver cried, "Kill him! Kill him now!" Susan pulled Peter's arm back in anger.
"Look, just because some man in a red suit hands you a sword doesn't make you a hero! So just drop it!" she hissed.
"That 'man in a red suit' was Father Christmas!" I snapped and sighed as I faced the wolf again. His amber eyes challenged me. By now, he obviously knew that I had no fairy blood, he hadn't died from it. He didn't cower.

My piercing blue orbs stared into his fiery pair as I scrapped my daggers against one another. His ears didn't like the sound. I smirked as I stepped on his paw making him yelp.
"Now you listen to me, Mr. Wolf," I hissed, "I've had a really, really bad day. I have been mistreated, I have been yelled at and heard horrible things. I have been bitten by you and I am walking on a weak sheet of ice that is about to break. And when it does break, I will most likely drown because I cannot swim. I would advise you to turn around and leave Mr. Wolf before I skin you alive and pull your teeth out," I stepped harder on his paw, "you and I both know that Peter won't kill you. I, however, will."

"That sent shivers down me spine!" Mr. Beaver cried. I smirked as I dug my dagger up the wolf's nose and leaned forward.
"Leave now, and I won't use your fur as a coat." I said, his amber eyes flickered in fear. All of a sudden, the waterfall began to collapse. I swore under my breath as I yanked the dagger from the wolf's nose making him whine in pain.
"Peter!" Lucy screamed.
"Hold onto me!" he yelled as he plunged his sword into the ice. I was too far away to get there in time.
"Arabella!" Susan cried. I smiled warmly as the tears fell. I raised my hand and waved gently as the ice fell down, smashing the river and crushing me. The last thing that I heard was Lucy and Susan's blood-curdling screams of grief.

The water was so cold, I couldn't feel my entire body! I squeezed my eyes shut as I struggled to swim to the top. This was ridiculous. I was a 15 year old girl who couldn't swim! My arms and legs danced around helplessly as I tried to get to the top. My dagger floated ahead, the blood from the wolf floated around the water. Sharks can't swim in rivers, right? Finally, I gave up. My arms and legs stayed still as I let my body sink. I could very distantly hear Peter and Susan's screams. At least they were safe. I smiled gently. What happens when you die in Narnia?

I was just about to find out.