Kuchisake Onna

Author's Note: Hello! This is my first book, and the version you are reading is edited. I wrote this chapter two years ago, and when I was going back on it, I was surprised how bad my English was. So I took it upon myself to edit all the chapters before publishing a new one. Some of the chapters will be heavily edited, the whole storyline changed but in some, it will probably be minor changes. Thanks!

______________________________________________________________________________

The Japanese Urban Legend of Kuchisake Onna, also known as, 'The Slit-Mouthed Woman', goes back to the Heian period of Japan's history, roughly 1200-800 years ago. I want to tell this story as some modern high school students' point of view, not the actual way it happened, but I will write how she was created.

______________________________________________________________________________

Carter's POV

I was half asleep in my last period English class when the bell above the clock rang, jerking me awake. The bell rang three times, indicating that the principal had an important message. That was annoying. School was right about to end, and here was the principal with an announcement. Blinking away my sleep, I walked out the door with all the other students from the school and made a beeline for the auditorium.

I looked around for my friends, mostly Nora, when someone put a hand on my shoulder, scaring the lights out of me. I turned around and came face to face with Jocelyn and Shawn.

"Jeez, man, you scared the lights out of me," I muttered.

"Sorry. Any idea what the problem is?" Shawn asked, pushing his glasses up with his finger. "Your dad is your English teacher after all."

"Nope, but have any of you seen Nora?" They just shook their heads. Once we made in the auditorium, I saw a mop of honey blonde hair and pointed over there.

Sure enough, it was Nora. We sat down next to her, my hand in her's. The principal, a bald man in his 50s, tapped the mic, before speaking.

"Hello, students and teachers. As you all know, I never give any announcements, its usually the vice-principal, but this is really important. So you should pay attention, Brad," He glared at Brad, some popular kid sitting in the front, talking to someone. A wave of chuckle rang through the full auditorium.

"I ask everyone in this school to never go home, or anywhere, alone. Always take a friend. For a few weeks now, a serial killer has been attacking and murdering people, a lot of them being students. I'm not allowed to say anything more than this, as it is confidential, so just please be careful. You are dismissed, now go to your clubs or home."

With that, he jumped off the stage and went out of the auditorium, probably on his way to his office. I looked at the others, and they too, like me, had a glum face.

(Oliver's POV)

I sighed in frustration as I walked down the street. I have been roaming the streets after dark, alone, trying to find this serial killer. Look, I'm bored. Out of my mind. I really want something to do other than stay at home and listen to my little sister's annoying babbling.

I was walking around when I saw a figure out of the corner of my eye as I crossed a dimly lit alley. I did a double-take and saw a girl, a woman to be exact, standing between the dumpsters. She had long black hair to her waist, and she wore a mask, the type you wear when you are sick. I then saw her eyes. They were golden.

She raised her hand and motioned for me to come to her. Her eyes were the ones that pulled me towards her, they were that enchanting. I walked up to her, mesmerized, and her mask rose slightly, telling me her cheeks rose in a smile. I, too, smiled.