Teke Teke

Author's Note: Hey guys! I know its been a long time, but I was stuck on which urban legend should I do next. I never read "Teke Teke" but I found it interesting. So, here you go! PS, PJO fans, comment on which character I should use for the next one! Also, check out the pictures on top of each stories.

________________________________________________________________________________

Teke Teke can be spelled in many ways, Teke-Teke, Teketeke or Teke teke. This is a Japanese urban legend about a girl named Kashima Reiko. I don't want to spoil it, so hope you enjoy!

________________________________________________________________________________

I was walking home from school, when I felt like someone was watching me. I looked back at the school and was surprised to see a girl staring at me from one of the first floor classroom window. After all, it was an all-boy school. Her hands were propped up on the windowsill.

When the girl saw me looking at her, she smiled, and hugged herself, so that her hands were now holding her elbows. She then suddenly leaped out of the open window, and I felt my body paralyze. The girl. . . the girl had nothing after her torso.

Staying up with the help of her hands, she began crawling towards me with a speed impossible for someone with no legs. The sound of her hands hitting the road sounded something like, teketeke. With my heart racing, I began running towards the woods. I prayed that the trees would help me hide, or I could climb one. But I couldn't risk of climbing a tree when she was close. She may manage to grab me before I was in safety.

While thinking of where to hide, I didn't notice the tree root, and I tripped. I fell and before I stood up, I felt a hand on my leg. I turned around and, I was about to scream when, the girl asked me in a raspy voice, " Where are my legs?"

I was dumbfounded. "Huh?" Who asks you where their personal belongings are when the chased you and gave you a heart attack?

"Where are my legs?" She growled again.

"I- I don't know." My heart was hitting against my chest so hard that I was afraid it would tear through me and hit this, this spirit on the face.

She then somehow summoned a scythe, kind of like the one Grim Reaper has. She raised it, and I understood what was going to happen, and I also knew I couldn't prevent it. So I closed my eyes and embraced the pain which will form on the edge of my torso.

* * *

Clovis was tired. He wanted to go home and sleep. But then again, he was always tired. He also had to drive a long way to home from his work. As he was driving, he fell asleep for a millisecond and missed the lane. He groaned and turned his car towards the woods. It was a short cut, but the woods were creepy at night, and his father told him not to go there for some reason. He didn't really care.

He was driving when he saw the train tracks on his front right. That place was abandoned, though there were many signboards saying 'Meishin Railway'. Wait, he thought, didn't his father warn him about some freak accident that happened a few years ago, about a girl who fell into the train tracks? Clovis wasn't sure. Did his father ask him to stay away because of that?

Clovis's scoff got cut of by a toothy yawn. He looked at the rear view mirror, and then looked front again. He gasped and stopped the car in a drift. In front of him lay a boy on the road, dressed in student clothes, and he had a bloody torso. Underneath his torso, was. . . nothing.

Clovis squinted. Was this a prank? It can't be possible. He got out of his car, and hesitantly walked over to the school boy. A rotten stench became stronger with each step he took. He raised his hand to block the odor, but it didn't work. Using the tip of his toes, he rolled the body, and stared at the face of the poor kid. Clovis pulled out his phone, but before he could dial 911, he heard a noise.

Teketeketeketeke

Clovis looked behind, and felt his heart stop for a second. A woman was crawling towards him, but she was only crawling on her hands, dragging her torso along, for she didn't have anything under her torso. Her spine was being dragged against the road, her hair covering her eyes. Clovis stared, not believing his eyes as the girl came over.

"Where are my legs?"

To Clovis, the face looked a lot like the face that came in the newspaper. He then remembered his father's warning. Was this spirit . . . Kashima Reiko? His father had said how she lost her legs in the Meishin Railway. He had to save himself now.

Kashima produced a scythe like the Grim Reaper's, and was about to swing it at Clovis's legs, but he yelled before she hit him.

"Meishin Railway!" He screamed. Kashima stopped and looked at Clovis, then turned away and crawled to the railway. Clovis jumped into the car and drove home.

* * *

"What did she look like?" Asked Clovis's father.

"It was Kashima Reiko, dad."

"You sure?"

"Yeah."

Just then a police officer came over with a priest next to him. The priest smiled at Clovis' and thanked him.

"You have saved a lot of lives. One more way to save yourself from the spirit of Kashima Reiko is chanting ' kamen shinin ma' which means ' mask death demon'. But not everyone can pronounce that properly, so now you made it easier."

Clovis watched as the police scouted the woods for more dead bodies. He yawned, and his father chuckled. "Let's go home, my son. It is proven you are my son, no one can sleep after seeing something like that."

With that, Clovis and his father made their way to home.

* * *

Teketeketeketeketeke

Clovis woke up with a start. Was it just him, or. . . was she back? Clovis sighed. It was probably just a nightmare, or he was hearing things. Clovis turned to face the window, and stared at the silhouette of a girl outside the window, her torso resting on the windowsill.

(1085 words)