Prologue

A wyrm was hiding in a storm. 

She tucked the egg under her wing, trying to shelter it from the freezing winds. 

"Hold on," she told it. "We're nearly there."

"Oh, really?" a voice asked. A heavy-built wyrm walked into view. 

"King Orion," she bowed before him. "I hav-"

"Why are you in my kingdom, SunWing?" he growled, cutting her off. 

"I have an egg. It needs to be cared for somewhere and-" 

"I will not tolerate any PlanetWings or SunWings in my kingdom," Orion waved a talon. "I am the most feared king in Jerrynd for a reason. I have a title to uphold." 

"Oh, it's not a Daywalker," she promised, holding out the satchel for him to see. 

"What the-"he stared at it's metallic surface of blue and gold. The color shifted around underneath the shell. 

"A TimeWing twin egg," she smiled. "The last in Jerrynd." 

"How did you get this, Sunburst?" he asked, staring at the egg in awe. 

"It was given to me. I'm not sure who. They left before I could see their face," she sighed. "I need to take it to a safe place before it's too late. Please let me pass." 

"No, no no," he waved a claw. "I will take this egg to a safe place. You, well, you'll see. I'm sorry again, by the way, but I do have a title to uphold. Guards!" he clapped and two StarWings shot out of the sky like bullets. 

"No!" Sunburst cried. "No..!"