Chapter 8

"You what?" Orbit exclaimed. "You're insane! He's insane!" she looked around at the others. 

"It was not the smartest move," Twilight agreed, nodding slowly. 

"I couldn't help it," he replied, crying more. "She is beautiful and I was there and it happened so fast and for a moment I thought she actually liked me and I'm so, so sorry." he cried, his head in his talons, dropping the wet stick. "I just want to go home." 

"Tectonic!" Celestial excaliamed. "Your voice!" 

"Wha..?" he felt his vocal cords. The were vibrating again. "How..?" he looked around at the others. 

"The mass of emotion must have had something to do with it," Twilight said knowingly. "But I'm not a master in TimeWing magic, sorry." 

"It stops their powers. If the victim has a mass of emotion, like Twilight said, it just stops. The spell just doesn't work that well after that." Nebula confirmed. "I say we get out of here right now, though. It isn't safe. They're called the Mortem Draco for a reason." 

"No," Tectonic said. "I am going to face this King once and for all." 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

It was a long flight to the palace. Everyone as tired and scared. Nebula had left with a warning. 

'Beware the dragon in orange.' 

Wow. Not infuriatingly cryptic at all. 

It was light by the time they reached the PlanetWing palace. The place where Tectonic grew up. The place where he fell in love. 

But no longer. 

Now he only loved one dragon. And she was right here, sitting next to him, watching the sun rise. 

"I should go the rest of the way alone," Tectonic said. "All of us together will look suspicious." 

"Not me," Celestial said. "And I'm royalty. We will go in together." 

Tectonic sighed. "I don't want anyone in danger because of me. But if Celestial really wants to come-" 

"Yes!" Celestial cried. "You are not going in there alone. No way, no how." 

So they walked up to the palace doors, wings brushing wings. 

"Are you ready?" he asked. 

"Ready as I'll ever be," she replied. They opened the doors. And there he was. Again. 

The King of the PlanetWings.