Chapter 10

"You are not allowed to see the Amulet. You shouldn't even know it exists," Venus cut in, throwing everyone, including her father, off guard. 

"Venus, don't you remember me at all?" Tectonic pleaded. "Don't you remember the last day we were together?" 

"You are a traitor to the tribe," she hissed, fire building up in the back of her throat. "You tricked me into falling for your lies." 

Tectonic glared at the king. 

"Give us the Amulet and we'll leave you alone," he said. "Give us the Amulet and we'll stop this war. End the death. End the blood and tears. End your sadness, end everyone's sadness."

For once, the king had nothing to say. He stalked out of the room. 

"You have until midnight. If you aren't gone by then, I swear I'll kill you myself." 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

"Oh, great!" Orbit exclaimed. "Now we're going to die!

"No," Rose said. "We die if we don't leave." 

"The we don't we leave?" Orbit demanded. 

"Because we have to get the Amulet," Streak broke in. "The king can't use it; if he could, this war would be over and the PlanetWings would rule the continent. Only we can activate it and save everyone." 

"Yes," Twilight agreed. "Unfortunately, this is the only option." 

"Stealing it!" Pisces somehow seemed excited at that prospect. 

"Rose can go in," Tectonic said. "She's the only one that the King hasn't met yet. She didn't come to the meeting, remember?" 

"I refused and you gave up on me," Rose corrected. "I've got a layout of the entire palace. We're set." she entwined tails with Orbit one last time before leaping into the sky. "If I'm not back by sundown, look for me." 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Tectonic paced at the front gate. Rose still wasn't back yet. The sun was beginning to set. He was worried about her. Suddenly, a bolt of pink-yellow lightning shot out through the doors. 

"Explain later," she huffed. "For now, RUN!" she took off into the sky, Tectonic and the others close behind. 

"Wait up!" Celestial called ahead. They were in the mountains before anyone had a chance to say anything. 

"Do you have it?" Pisces asked. 

"Yes," Rose motioned to her bag. "In there." 

"How do we activate it?" Twilight asked. 

"No idea," she replied. "You'll have to figure that out yourselves."