Chapter 3

Tectonic was frozen in place. 

The large wyrm stared into his eyes, seemingly into his soul. This dude had a reputation. He wasn't the most feared king in Jerrynd, but he was the strongest and least merciful. King Orion could never beat him in a fair fight. Tectonic shrunk away from his gaze. 

"What are you doing in there?" he growled, showing his teeth. His muscles rippled as he moved. 

"Um..." Tectonic trailed off. Then he remembered. The only reason the PlanetWings weren't winning the war was because Boulder didn't have very good war strategy. In other words, he wasn't the brightest. 

"Oh my gosh," Tectonic stuttered. "I see Venus! She-she looks like she's going outside. Why would she be doing tha-" Boulder whipped around, smacking Tectonic to the wall with his tail. Tectonic was stunned, but as soon as he could move again, he ran. 

"Hey!" King Boulder thundered. "Get him!" 

The servants dove at him, and Tectonic narrowly escaped. 

That was too close, he thought, turning around a corner. 

"Ah!" he slammed into a wyrm walking down the hallway. Just then, Boulder caught up to him. He felt a searing pain at the back out his head, and then everything was black. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Tectonic woke up to cage bars. He was in some sort of contraption, like a carriage, the others were calling it. 

He clasped his talons on the bars, staring pleading eyes at the gathered wyrms. In the crowd was Venus. 

"Venus!" he tried to call for her, but he discovered his mouth was bound by a metal band. 

Probably to keep me from breathing fire, he thought with a grimace. Then the wheels started rolling. 

"Mmmppphhh!" he tried to call. "Mmmppphhh! Vmmpphh! Hhhmmmppphhh mmmppphhh!"  But she looked down, refusing to meet his eyes. 

"Vvvvvmmmmmpppppphhhh!!!!!!!!!!" he cried. "VVMMPPHH!!"  but it was too late. He was carted away to the moons knew where. 

"Venus..." he mumbled.