Chapter 2

Tectonic was so excited. 

Venus was on her way, walking down the hall, like always. He carefully set his plan into motion. 

He was near the exit, where she was headed, and he had polished his scales a few minutes before. His breath was nice, and he had been practicing his smile. 

"Oh, hello there," she smiled at him. 

"Hi," he grinned. "I'm Tectonic. What's your name?" 

"You silly goof," she giggled. "I'm Venus."

"Want to take a walk in the gardens with me?" Tectonic asked, letting his wings do a little happy flip. 

"Sure," she smiled, heading outside. Tectonic quickly followed her. 

The garden was sun-drenched, the flowers in full bloom. Venus picked one, gently plucking the petals. 

"Who's that for?"  Tectonic asked, but Venus was quiet. 

Did she love someone? Was he doomed to be a nothing but a thief, never to have true love? 

Tectonic dismissed those thoughts, shaking his head and sighing. He wouldn't think about that right now. 

Venus was still smelling flowers; now was his chance. 

"You want to meet me in the kitchens later, near the evening hours?'" he asked, biting his lip and pressing his wings into his sides. 

"Sure," she grinned, and that's when he knew: He was the only one, and she liked him, too. 

Tectonic spent the rest of the day with her, happily chatting about who was winning the most recent battle and how the kingdom was running smoothly. 

The day ended too quickly. As soon as the sun began to set, Venus said she had to go. Tectonic waved and smiled, pretending to walk the other way. As soon as she was inside, he used the secret tunnel to get back to his closet. Just then, he heard a knock on the door. 

"Who is in there? I saw a flash of brown, and cows aren't that sneaky, and the door to this closet has been jammed for years. You are behind this! Show yourself!" Tectonic gulped and slowly opened the door, just a crack. 

"Oh, no," he muttered, staring into the eyes of the giant wyrm before him. 

That wyrm was King Boulder of the PlanetWings.