thirteen

Introspective Dream Pt. 4

------------------

Chapter Text
The third alpha Taehyung dreamt about was of course the third alpha that had taken him.

The third alpha that Taehyung didn't know was named Jungkook but other than that, Taehyung did a good job in remembering Jungkook.

In Taehyung's dream, Jungkook was standing silently in a barren desert wasteland, his face covered with a black half mask and his entire body wrapped in a long black robe. In fact, the only visible parts of Jungkook's body were his exposed eyes peering straight ahead at the only living thing that was standing motionless right in front of him: a fruit-bearing cactus.

The strong winds blew harshly against Jungkook's soft and velvety cloak as he started to inch slowly towards the lone statue of greenery, his previously desolate eyes lighting up with a sign of hope.

Taehyung could tell that Jungkook was on the verge of dying in the dream. He limped towards the cactus weakly and upon reaching the plant he fell onto his knees. There he was, lying down in front of the only living thing other than himself on the barren lifeless land as if that would bring him the needed salvation to keep him alive.

The cactus was indeed a life that Jungkook could feed off. A chance for the boy to stay alive.

There was no one else in the desert.

Is my third alpha dying inside? Is he struggling? Is he feeling immensely alone despite having two other brothers?

Jungkook stared at the cactus's prickly pears (prickly pear aka opuntia aka cactus fig are the different names you may call a cactus's fruit) with grateful tears welling up in his weary eyes and yet in the very next instant his gaze turned cold and emotionless. In fact, that change was exactly the switch in attitude that Jungkook had on that night which was clearly demonstrated in Taehyung's dream. Regaining composure on his shaky feet, the alpha proceeded to fish out a pocket knife from inside his sleeves.

The knife glistened under the reflective light of the burning scorching desert sun as if to issue an ominous warning of threat.

Despite being thankful towards the existence of the cactus, Jungkook couldn't stop what he was doing because he was in pain. Jungkook was hungry and thirsty. Jungkook was struggling to stay afloat. Jungkook was a boy that was clearly dying from thirst and hunger and that cactus which bore fruits was a miracle for the boy.

Taehyung's perspective was bizarre in the dream: he was the cactus that hadn't seen a human being in a million years and yet there Jungkook was, emerging visible from afar in the hazy sandstorm. Jungkook had walked towards Taehyung only to kneel in front of his presence with a knife held tightly in his hand.

Jungkook looked so small in his dreams. It was almost as if Jungkook was a child.

However, it didn't feel bizarre at all at that point in time because the symbolism of the dream was perfectly accurate.

To Taehyung, Jungkook was both his saviour and his destroyer.

Jungkook was both a pitiful figure and a threat.

Jungkook was both a miraculous existence and a powerful disaster that could wreck Taehyung into pieces.

Despite the fact that Jungkook had hurt him, a part of Taehyung was ultimately still soft for the youngest prince because what Taehyung saw in the alpha was a shadow of a broken child.

A child that was innocent yet gripping a knife firmly in his grasp.

Taehyung was rooted firmly to the ground, completely helpless against Jungkook's imminent assault just like how he was chained and trapped that night. The knife in Jungkook's hand signified incoming danger and yet Taehyung couldn't do or say anything to stop Jungkook from attacking.