Part 8

Edwards POV

"Detective she should be here by now." Ed was frantically pacing back and forth next to Gordon's desk.

"Ed, she's probably just running late like yesterday. You said it yourself, you both stayed up pretty late finishing work, she probably just over slept." Jim sat pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Jim with all do respect, yesterday she had to take that bird back to her apartment. And that was the ONLY day she has ever been late in almost a year."

"Hey what's going on?" Harvey walked up taking a bite of a sandwich.

"Ed's worries about y/n being late today." Jim shot Harvey a weird look.

Harvey wrapped an arm around Ed shoulder. "Ed, you gotta stop acting weird alright?" Ed tensed up at the touch. "She's probably at home, sleeping in or something."

"That is highly improbable."

"Ed if you're so worried, why don't you go check her apartment." Jim gave Harvey a look.

"Oh yeah. We'll be fine Ed. Go check and make sure she's alright."

"Gentlemen." Ed escapes Harvey's side arm hold and brushed himself off. "I will be back soon." He hurried off towards the parking lot.

'Alright Edward. She's fine, you'll get to her apartment and everything will be completely fine. Just one big misunderstanding.' He thought to himself as he drove.

Running through a yellow light he thought, 'I wonder if she's avoiding work today because of that kiss last night.' He tried to shake the feeling.

"Her cars still here. That's a good sign." He parked his car and ran towards the front door of the tall building.

He ran up a few flights of stairs and down a hallway until he came face to face your door. He knocked loudly.

No answer.

He knocked a little harder and faster.

No answer.

He reached for the knob, and turned it slowly. It was unlocked.

"Y/N would never leave her apartment unlocked, even if she was home." He said, mostly to himself. "Y/N! Y/N!" He yelled into the apartment. He was met with silence.

He walked into the living room.

"Why would her car be here, but her and her birds are gone?" He asked himself.

He walked into each room, just to be sure you weren't there. Once he got to your bedroom he noticed a needle and syringe laying on the floor, just barely visible by your dresser.

"And why would you be here." He picked up the needle using the sleeve of his jacket.

He pulled out a plastic evidence bag from his pocket, he usually had one or two on him. Placing the needle inside careful not to touch it.

"This is very bad." He held up the bag.

Time skip

"Detective Gordon!" Ed yelled following Jim around the main room of the GCPD

"Not now Ed." He tried to ignore him.

"Jim!" He stopped.

"What do you want Ed?" Jim snapped.

"Y/N's car is still at her apartment, but she's not there, her birds are gone too! And to make matters worse I found this in her bedroom!" He held up the evidence bag with the needle.

"Ed," his eyes went wide and he had a worried look on his face taking the evidence bag carefully. "How did you get into her apartment?"

"That's the thing, her door was unlocked."

"Who's door was unlocked?" Harvey came over.

Jim looked at him with a worried expression. "Y/N's missing. She might not be a cop but she's still a big part of the GCPD, and whoever did this will be stopped."

"Wait, Jim slow down." Harvey tried to stop Jim from walking away. "How do we know she was actually taken? Let's stop by her place, and look around."

"Ed already did. And he found this in her bedroom." Harvey's eyes widened looking at the needle.

"Ed, I need you to run tests on any liquid in that syringe, and if you can get finger prints. We're gonna get her back." Jim handed the envelope back to Edward, and he rushed away to the lab.