Part 17

Your POV

You felt the cold water, it slowed down the bleeding in your torso.

From the many tests Strange put you through you knew you could hold your breath for up to twenty minutes, and you were a rather fast swimmer.

Flashback

"Alright miss. L/n, I'm not pulling you out, until you loose consciousness." Strange spoke as you were held upside down over a large tank of room temperature water.

You were slowly lowered in, once your head was completely covered the timer started, but your body was still lowered till your feet were submerged.

You were held under for so long. Your eyes were sharp, but the curvature of the tank warped everything in the surrounding room. You could only really make out basic shapes of people.

The longest you lasted before thrashing violently was fourth five minutes, choking on the water in your lungs, they burned, and you eyes closed so tightly you thought they might burst.

Then everything went black and you woke up back in your small room.

You were sinking lower into the cold depths of the lake, the pain in your stomach being numbed by the adrenaline and icy water that wrapped itself around you.

You saw his gun falling through the darkness, and reached for it. You caught it and stuffed it deep inside one of your pockets, and started to swim.

You were a fast swimmer before Indian Hill, and even faster after. But with a bullet currently lodged somewhere inside you, you were a bit slower than you could be.

Eventually you reached the rocky shore of Gotham, gripping the sharp gravel to stabilize yourself.

You could feel the bleeding starting up again once your were out of the cold water, so you gritted your teeth and put pressure in the wound.

Jim's POV

The blood test came back positive, the blood on the dock belonged to y/n. As hard as I thought I took it, I couldn't help but notice that Ed took the news harder.

There was just one thing I couldn't wrap my head around, it had been about two days since she disappeared and we found her blood. We searched the lake, and the shorelines for her body, but we couldn't find it.

No one in town knew anything. Why would they? She had just started to leave the station again after being gone for so long.

Ed's POV

Y/n had been gone for about two weeks, they've swept the lake too many times to count.

I've been at home, sulking, trying to wrap my brain around why the hell she went missing, and why her blood was on that dock.

"Ed this isn't healthy." Oswald came in and turned my music off. "And it's frankly really depressing."

I just rolled over, I wanted y/n with me. I wanted to be amazed by her birds, and feel her hair again. I wanted to feel her perfect lips on mine.

It simply didn't make sense.

Your POV

A few seagulls found you gripping your stomach on the shore, and motioned for you to follow them.

As the birds guided you under Gotham's main bridge you saw what they were talking about.

A makeshift camp had been set up, several people you recognized as criminals and murderers from cases you had worked.