Chapter 5

"And that was the thing about her,
she kept surviving.
With bullet holes in her lungs,
And knife marks etched in her back.
She never let anything get in her
way,
Resilient.
A fighter,
Not by choice.
But a warrior at heart"

——————
Hanna
——————

Silence ensnared the kitchen. Alpha John, Jordan, and Sam were all shocked at my revelation, but also pleased.

Jordan strode over with large steps and wrapped his arms around me tightly, lifted me off the floor, and did a spin with me in his arms.

"Jordan," I laughed, "you're going to make me vomit." He laughed along with me before setting my feet back on the floor.

"I am so proud of you, Han." He said, staring deep into my eyes, making me a little self conscious. "You have no idea how proud I am of you."

"Thanks, Jordan," I smiled and pecked his cheek lightly. "I-I love you." My throat started to close with the amount of emotions I was feeling. Jordan has always been one of my biggest supports and I loved him dearly for it.

"I love you too, Hanna-Banana," He said.

"Alright, Jordan, if you are finished with this little love fest I need you to head out to the dinning room with the guests please." Alpha John requested.

Jordan bobbed his head then headed out, sending me a thumbs up before the door closed behind him.

"Before we can officially start the dinner, the Kings have requested an audience with you. They just want to check up on you and make sure you are ok." Alpha John said.

It took a moment before the words registered in my brain, but even when they did, I was still lost and confused.

"They just want to talk about what happened with the guard and make sure that it doesn't happen again." Alpha John explained.

I inhaled a deep breath to try and keep the swarm of anxiety at bay. Meeting the Kings was not something to take lightly. I was perfectly fine with just being the weird girl that delivered the food and no one paid any mind or attention too. Meeting the Kings was something that only a select few got to do and the Kings not only wanted to meet me, but make sure I was ok.

Just the thought of meeting them caused my palms to start sweating and my breathing to get a little shallower and slower. I didn't deserve to meet wolves like them. They were special and important. I was nothing but a broken little girl with a lot a baggage.

"Are you sure its me they want to meet?" I questioned still reeling from the information that I was getting.

"Yes, they want to meet you and Sam." Alpha John clarified.

"Oh boy," muttered Sam, "this is going to be so much fun." Sarcasm dripped from his tongue. He wasn't all that enthralled with meeting the Kings and I didn't blame him.

"You've got two minutes to prepare. They are heading this way now." Said Alpha John.

"Shit." Sam said while I stood frozen in my spot.

My breath caught in my throat and I couldn't breath. A thin layer of sweat coated my body and anxiety bubbled under my skin.

"Hanna," Sam murmured, standing in front of me. "I need you to look at me." My eyes moved up to his. "I want you to follow my breathing patterns." He took a breath and held it and I followed his lead. When he exhaled I exhaled too. We did that a couple more times till I could breath normally again. "You okay?"