self care

firstly I would like to start off by saying, again.. I am sorry for disappearing! I couldn't log in for the LONGEST but I finally got back into my account thanks to Wattpad support shout out to my pal Ada!

secondly, I really have been generally busy in life. I'm almost 21 now, got a new job and a new place to live. Me and my fiance have reached our 6 year anniversary just this past June! so yes things have been hectic.

I'm going to jump right back into this like I never left so, hold your horses okay? And I do really appreciate all of the votes! The comments! I love them all and am so appreciative. I would not be where I am on this app without you all! I am a bit excited to be back but I'm working at my own pace now!

Let's get into it shall we?

Self care
What is it? and why do we do it?

Self care is really anything you want it to be, mentally, physically, emotionally and verbally.

For some people self care is brushing their hair or their teeth, taking a shower and cleaning their space.
That all sounds like basic simple hygienic things right? well to some people it might not be, I am some people. Sometimes those things can be hard to do and take a lot of energy so it feels like an accomplishment once we do it. And if that's all you can do in a day, I am proud of you and you got this!

To others self care is a spa day, with lush lotions, massages and sprays! (There's nothing wrong with that) we all deserve to pamper ourselves and if it costs a pretty penny than so be it right? It doesn't always have to cost bucks. You can do a spa day at home too. You can rub some lotion on your skin in any spots you feel necessary, paint your nails/ toes! Heck even do your hair, dye it!! (Just kidding, or am I??) Either way pamper yourself in any way that you see fit!!
Sometimes I like to just sit in my shower, hot steaming water just washing (or burning as my fiance calls it) my worries away.

Treat yourself to some yummy food, snacks or drinks! That's a form of self care yes! Nourish your bodies, heal your bodies with your favorite food, comfort food anything you like!
I love treating myself to some sushi, or boba.. that's a guilty pleasure of mine! I'm always craving some boba?

Some of us use self care as a way of relieving stress and aggravation. Sometimes it's just for the heck of it because hey, we ALL deserve some self care. Maybe you're a mom (or dad or just a parent!!, Let's not forget this is a gender neutral guide! and not just for man or woman, no I mean for anyone with any pronouns!!) And you need time away from the kids (you could even practice self care with your little ones so they learn to treat themselves too!!) That's fine and valid, take that time love!! You deserve it. You passed a test? You deserve it! You ate that sandwich?! Guess what, you deserve it!

Now that we got that outta the way,
We as people who live lives regardless of how we work, sleep, eat, where we work, sleep and eat should practice self care on a regular basis. Do you like yoga, does it make you feel good and happy? Boom! Self care baby!
Just do the things that make you feel good (healthy things okay? I'm watching you!!) 

Some other ways I like to practice self care is with my art, I love to draw it makes me happy. I put on some tunes and get to it!
I also like to have some comfort food once in awhile (this is a weird one) but corned beef hash is a comfort food for me, I also indulge in sushi like I stated before or maybe something sweet.
Sometimes I'll just go and step outside for a little for some fresh air, I really recommend this one.

—————————————

If you've read this far please comment some self care that you practice or would like to start practicing!

Again thank you all for being here, be sure to vote for this chapter for my comeback okay?? Love you all!!!!