Chapter 9

The Cerisan Festival

Chapter Summary
A parade can lead one to happiness... and answers.

"In this festival, we shall freely roam around the island in floats to celebrate nothing but happiness. The archers will ensure our protection while we parade," Serrina informed the group.

Snowdust crossed her arms in doubt. "What if something dangerous happens? I mean, there are probably many corrupted werewolves out there."

"Don't worry. They're endangered in this island. Probably exterminating an army would make them extinct by now." Serrina reassured everybody with her best soothing voice.

A tiny portion of doubt abandoned Snowdust, while the majority remained in her gut. She walked off and strolled around, exploring the den with fascination in her eyes.

Sabrina and Divinity linked arms as they strode into view. Serrina greeted both of them with a warm smile, one that fixed her attitude last night.

Divinity nodded slowly, appreciating the polite gesture. "It hasn't been a week and Paradiso already feels like home." His words touched Serrina's heart, causing her to clutch at her chest.

The hours of afternoon quickly approached and soon, it was finally time for the festival to initiate.

A woman held a trumpet and blowed it, erupting a raucous noise. The sun slowly dipped down behind the painting of a breathtaking horizon, colored with pink and purple. The trees danced to the minty wind cooling the bare skin of parade goers.

Divinity hoisted himself up a float and helped Sabrina step up and board. Using his strength, he heaved her upwards, grasping her hips.

Several floats exited the opening of the mountain.

The floats moved astray around the island, taking in the vast and various landscapes. Doctor Leandro stared open-mouthed around him, he felt tears sting his eyes after his gaze was rewarded by a view of beauty.

Serrina spoke, with her hands clasping the front railing of the float. "The Cerisan Festival stays true to ancient traditions, back when this world wasn't grim, that is." She pointed at the vibrant sky, filled with alluring spectrums.

"The God of Blood has indeed gifted us a haven." Her brows suddenly creased, only slightly, so that Sabrina and Divinity wouldn't notice. But they realized the change in tone. "But, this island was left abandoned for something else."

Sabrina sighed and ambled towards her, halting behind her back. "I know wolves haven't been here that long but you can't pin the blame on me. I didn't do anything."

Serrina massaged her temple before turning around. "Do you really not know the full history of this world's beginning?"

For a moment, only for a moment, tears glinted in Serrina's eyes. She was overwhelmed by a wave of emotions crashing over her. The emotions that her ancestors once claimed centuries ago, extending back in time.

The float was a stable ride through and through, touching every piece of land it drove to. Divinity stood behind, refusing to look at the girls to avoid being dragged into the conversation. He let his back face them as he enjoyed the fresh scenery surrounding him.