Chapter 11

The Den

Chapter Summary
They return home with no expected visitors.

The yacht cut across the ultramarine ocean. A voyage trip back home was what everybody needed after journeying to Kismet, and then the Island of Mercedes.

Sabrina stood by stern of the Atlas, her gaze relinquishing the fluid movements of the sea. The Atlas had brewed a never ending trail of cotton water bubbles.

They were sailing across the sea for a homeward-bound destination.

While the Atlas drove back to the Island of Meline, Serrina couldn't resist the temptation of pacing back and forth inside the cabin. While she continued relentlessly, Hunter sat carelessly on the edge of the bedding, unbothered by the inevitable: visiting the Lycan Den.

"Hey, breathe. Take calm breaths," Hunter did his very best in comforting her. Serrina halted herself and realized that she had been pacing for at least thirty minutes. She chuckled to herself then stared at Hunter with grateful eyes.

His radiating smile ate away the angry dread within her. Serrina took a step forward until she was an inch away from him, her lips an inch away from his. Then, with an irresistible motion tugging her forward, she closed the distance between them, connecting their lips.

A sweet touch of ecstasy danced in their mouths as they passionately gripped each other's longing desires, fulfilling them at this very moment. Sweet like cake. Sweet happy memories embraced them wholeheartedly, reminding them of their past, their present and the future they had yet to plan.

Love was a complicated circuit. The romance light could be switched off any time now...

But, they chose to keep the switch up.

"What would I do without you?" Serrina pressed a soft palm to his cheek, lovingly.

Hunter perked up. His face charged with emotion, his eyes sparking with life. "I bet you wouldn't last a day without me by your side." He examined the cabin. Something electric lurked around the atmosphere...

Then, Hunter beamed his mega-watt smile at Serrina.

"Come here. Lay next to me and rest. A short nap should bite those worries away," Hunter said, beckoning Serrina to lie beside him. Serrina giggled and slid onto bed next to Hunter, snuggling up close to him.

As they found themselves in each other and didn't mind their surroundings, they were melted into each other's warm touch.

Then... Serrina's eyes fluttered as a wave of slumber crashed over her.

---

At the coast of the island, everyone exited the yacht. Farewell for the Atlas, for now. The zombie helmsman waved goodbye before steering the yacht away from the Island and into the endless ocean.

Every inch of Serrina quivered as she surveyed the scenery wrapped around her. Hunter noticed and draped an arm around her waist, ensuring her his I'll-always-be-there presence. Sabrina and Divinity pulled themselves close to each other as they strode through the bayou. Behind them, Doctor Leandro and Asha had found themselves in a repeated and exhausting cycle of lifting a boot up then planting it down again.