Chapter 14

The Temple

Chapter Summary
Can Sabrina fight past the grief that's pulling her down, or will she need help to support her?

It was a young afternoon wherein Sabrina had been thrown into a training by Snowdust, and Serrina, who initiated the idea.

Sabrina ducked a sprinting fist directed at her, and ten knuckles from behind. With determined strength keeping her to her feet, she pulled an arm back while balling her hand into a fist before it ran across an Archer's face who wasn't hasty enough to fire his long bow and arrow.

"Keep up the pace, sweetie!" Snowdust carefully supervised her daughter, who was so focused on training her agility and combat.

Serrina cupped her mouth with her palms and yelled, "Remember to power your blows with your full strength!"

Sabrina nodded, and readied herself in a combat stance, feet flat on the ground, and arms with fists steeled.

Three Archers circled around her, their faces screamed peril. Any second now, they'd tackle Sabrina altogether, and drown out her strength. Sabrina just eyed them, and her lips curled to a smirk.

The Three Archers lunged at her simultaneously. Just as they thought they'd capture a lone wolf who seemed to show off a fraud ability of combat... they were wrong. When they realized they hugged air, they quickly whirled around to see Sabrina floating downwards until her feet touched the ground.

In the blink of an eye, she slunk through them as she kicked their shins. The archers were stunned, then couldn't resist dropping to their knees. Sabrina ran through them, and then bent down, panting wildly. She looked over her shoulder to see the results. With a smile forming on her face, she said. "Wow. I'm good as hell."

The sunlight seared their bare skins, as warmth diffused throughout the Island.

"Now, we're in need of corrupted monsters to take care off. They're mostly residing within the wilderness." Serrina informed as she strode towards Sabrina then stopped in her tracks to help put the archers back to their feet.

The Archers gazed at her with gratified expression on their faces before sauntering back to Paradiso.

Snowdust and Sabrina trailed after Serrina who led them to a magical woodlands. "We call it, The Twilight Forest. Though it's somehow unfortunate that this is where we bury our beloved," Her hands balled into fists. "And where monsters lurk." She fought back a tear as a fragment of the past haunted her again.

She breathed in and out.

The Twilight Forest can't scare you again. She thought.

They were greeted by a variant of trees with different pigments and forms. The leaves weren't the usual grey or green. They came in colors of red, blue, white, and yellow. "The Twilight Forest was blessed by The God of Blood after he shaped it. Well, when he realized the dead needed a place for burial. And to him, it seemed that The Twilight Forest was a good place to use."

"I noticed you're talking was." Sabrina said.

Snowdust examined her surroundings, astonished by the ambience and vibe.

"For me, it used to be a good place until corrupted monsters lurked around." Serrina folded her arms, suppressing a glare.

"By the way, how were corrupted wolves made?" Snowdust suddenly spilled a question.