Chapter 12

The Devastation

Chapter Summary
The Lycan Den faces great damage, and downfall. How will the Lycans rise back?

A frightening thunder of explosion sounded across the den.

BOOM!

Another bomb fulminated a portion of the den, causing immense and instant destruction.

Sabrina and Divinity raced towards a nearby balcony, then stared in horror as more bombs were being hurled at the den.

"He wants the den perished..." Sabrina mumbled to herself, her eyes roaming around the instant destruction and fire.

Bombs precipitated, ready to explode and reduce the den to ashes. Outside the walls, a couple of soldiers continued ramming a log against the metal gate.

"Do not halt! Keep firing until they're no more!" Vladimir yelled, instilling slight fear in the soldiers.

As the gate continued to be broken down, other soldiers decided to creep up the walls.

Harry and Isaac shifted themselves into bats then flew over the den walls and transformed back to their vampire form and quickly threw the gates open, leaving the soldiers to exterminate innocent citizens.

Gerda extended her arm forward, signaling the soldiers to march in and take down the wolves. The soldiers stomped forward, their pounding footsteps growing louder and louder.

Almost immediately, they mauled any citizen they saw, without any trace of mercy in their movements.

Injected in the citizens was dread as they became slaves to fright.

Black smoke began to spill onto the den, giving the citizens a hard time to escape as they had to navigate through the deadly mist quickly clouding around them, and the Palace.

A young boy lost himself in the cough-inducing fog burning his lungs as heat seeped into his body. The young boy started to sob then a glimmer of hope lit him up slightly as his eyes witnessed a silhouette marching towards him. Smiling, he rushed towards the silhouette... only to find out that it was a vampire soldier.

The vampire soldier's mouth and nose had been protected from the smoke by his mask. With a crossbow in grip, he slowly leveled it at the innocent boy. The innocent boy was clutched by devastation, leaving him to think that this was his last moment of living.

And, the soldier mercilessly pulled the trigger of his crossbow. The bolt inevitably glided off, and flew through air, then plunged right through the skull of the young boy. The young boy's head jerked up as the bolt slid through it, then the young boy dropped against the ground, motionless and lifeless.

Blood sprayed at the soldier, but he didn't flinch at the abundant amount of red liquid. He wasn't bothered by it at all, the thick feeling pressed to his exposed skin, one that had been stained by fresh blood from a corpse. His nose relished the scent of blood, it smelled like fine wine, his favorite aroma. It would entice him, tempt him to feed.

Without a doubt, the soldier knelt down and raised his straight palm up before scything it down to severe the head off of the body.