Chapter Six

Mr. Francesca was thrilled with Daphne to my surprise and let her make all the correction. He was almost too happy to have fresh eyes. "Promise to be at the opening show, my dear? I will send you tickets personally" he said, to Daphne. Daphne nodded, "You have a great lead, I wouldn't miss it". "Should we try one more scene?" He asked. She nodded. I sighed at her, but smiled, knowing this was nothing to the twelve hour days.
       It was noon when Damien walked through the doors of the theater, looking brooding and glaring everyone down. Daphne stood up running to his open arms and I smiled, remembering the feeling with my own father. He lifted her and spun her around holding her close he let her down slowly, "Go say goodbye to Lakelynn". She nodded coming onto the stage she hugged me and snuggled into my stomach, "I had a lot of fun today, thanks Lakelynn". "Of course, Daphne. I had more fun" I said. Waving to her, I felt a deep sadness not just because I wouldn't be seeing Daphne again, but I would not see Damien again. This was goodbye to them both, I couldn't betray Daphne, I knew the feeling all to well. I also had my career, I couldn't give it up. I didn't want to, as much as the feeling Damien provided to me was completely fairytale and new, that would be all.
        The paparazzi swarmed our home, I didn't have the strength to fight my way in. I called Kasey and she said I could stay at her apartment until the storm has passed. She didn't ask and I appreciated that. The only thing she said at dinner was I had looked stunning in both dresses.
     The days seemed to skip in to the next month, I ignored my father  as I did the paparazzi, and as his love life stop making headline, I decided to go home. It was the fourth day of public auditions, and I was tired of being lifted. I unlocked the door and was greeted by a stun Maddie. She hugged me quickly, "Oh, my dear you seem so thin". He words only meant to be loving, I smiled hugging her back, she smelled familiar.
      Dylan smiled, but Maddie helped me upstairs, and get settled. "Dinner will be early tonight" she said. "Oh, I will take it in my room" I said calmly. "Your father, would love to have dinner with you he fly's out this evening. You two have a lot to talk about" she said. I nodded, "If you believe so". Maddie didn't push the issue, sitting at the edge of my bed, I looked at the picture on the side of my nightstand. My mother and I spent many days together, hours, moments, but to think my father wasn't satisfied with that hurt. My mother was by no means perfect, but she was my mother, she loved me, she took care of me, she supported me, and at the end of the day no one could take her place in my life, but in my father's it was not the same. How when she gave up everything, sacrifice everything, how was she not enough?! Her memory alone was something no Gabrielle Mayner could hold a candle to, but yet my father was willing to tarnish my mother memory with her.
      I sat down at dinner that night, my dad was surprised, "Laklynn". I raised my eyes to met his hallow once he was restless. He came over to me hugging me close. I hugged him, gently, "Where have you been. We were worried sick about you". I stepped back, "Yes, Maddie, told me". "Why don't  you sit down, so we can have dinner" I said, trying to smile. I saw the lipstick on his shirt and it upset me, the hit of perfume was strong and stung my nostrils.
     "I think we should talk. Last time we did this and nothing changed" he said. I raised a single eyebrow, "Yes, I noticed you stabbed me in the back and turned the knife". "Laklynn" he sighed. "That was hardly the way to tell me" I said, sat putting the napkin in my lap. "You wouldn't listen to me I tried to take you on a trip, I tried to telling you all week, but you continued to ignore us" was raising his voice now. "So you went behind my back and plotted with some seamstress" I said sharply. "I thought you would continue to see her secretly and she could come to your funeral as a sad friend, but that wasn't enough for you". "Laklynn" he warned. "I was willing pretend I didn't know, as if you didn't disrespect my mother very name by looking at her. Yet now you don't even have the decency to shower before you enter my mothers home. Good to know she gave you her life, for you to curse it to her only child's face. Its a shame I lived this long to see it all" I was to wound him all of  a sudden or had I made my mind up before. Had I been this angry the whole time.
     "I love your mother, I love her with my every breath, but she is gone. No amount of love can change that, Laklynn, not money, not love. Nothing! She is dead!" I flinched, I was more than aware of my mothers state, but it was like I was being told all over again for the first time. I stood shakey, "You can do whatever you want, Dad, but if you do this I will never speak to you again". "Don't be dramatic, Laklynn" Dad stepped towards me. "If you even have to think about it, you've already made your choice" I said side stepping him.