Chapter 1: Distortion

The Distortion World was an ominous dimension incomprehensible by the standard laws of physics. Land masses floated aimlessly throughout a dark purple void, whole waterfalls flowing in the opposite direction towards an anti-gravitated platform. Among spiky trees that grew out of rust-tinged soil resided this alternate plain of existence's only known inhabitant. It was a gray serpentine-esc creature with six elongated black tendrils, each one sporting red horns on their tips. The draconic being also had three golden-gray spikes on each side of its body in place of legs, four shorter ones extending from the snaking tail backward. Along with a striped chest of red and black, it had a trio of sharp half-rings wrapped around its neck and a highly imposing faceplate with horns that faced the back of his head to match. This was Giratina, a legendary Pokémon that represented all antimatter in its own habitat and respective universe of origin.

"Ooohgraaah!" roared the Ghost/Dragon type as it floated aimlessly throughout the endless horizon. Its beady red and black eyes narrowed into what seemed like pure infuriation, seemingly bothered by some unknown source of energy able to be sensed nearby. Growing more annoyed by this immense intake of incalculable power by the second, Giratina opened up its faceplate to reveal a tongued mouth and materialized a blue sphere of compressed aura. As a coping mechanism, the Renegade Pokémon whaled lowly and shot this projected attack at a proximate strip of earth. Said levitating platform spontaneously combusted upon impact, merely shattering into several different pieces due to a lack of oxygen necessary to produce a fiery explosion.

"Grrrrr..." Giratina rumbled lowly, glancing from left to right at the Distortion World's encircling "walls". To its surprise, one area seemed to be lit up with glowing yellow energy, radiating with an abundant shine of power. Targeting the specific gateway to another world outside of its primary home, Giratina blasted a turbulent whirlwind of air at the aforementioned power surge to create itself an interdimensional portal. Within this proverbial hole in the entire space-time continuum were three individuals of varying sizes, seemingly positioned near seven orange spheres in waiting for something to happen.

"Screeeah!" Giratina bellowed angrily, seeking to personally deal with the source of its prior ailment. With that, it slithered through the artificial rift and vanished into nothingness, the Distortion World now completely absent of all life.

In Universe 7...

After managing to spare Earth from the God of Destruction, Beerus' wrath, Son Goku's life seemed to be getting more interesting by the second. For one thing, he would be able to gain full control of his newly acquired Super Saiyan God form by training with Whis and find out what Godly chi was truly capable of. However, the stronger Goku wished to become, the more he seemed to distance himself from those closest to him, especially his wife, Chi Chi. Due to almost dying a third time in the battle against said purple sphinx cat, the Ox Princess had just about enough of worrying herself to the bone after so many years and decided to, reluctantly, put their relationship on hold until further notice. This sent Goku into an existential crisis that he had no idea how to get out of, interfering with his plans to visit Beerus' personal domain as previously intended. All the Saiyan goofball could do now was sit outside of Capsule Corp, staring blankly into space in an attempt to figure out what he should do to fix this.

"You should talk to him." suggested the blue-haired scientist, Bulma Brief, to her highly annoyed husband. Vegeta was extra pissed off at this point, enraged by the fact that Goku's incessive moping got in the way of his own chance to spar with Beerus' angel. His arms were crossed indecisively, tapping his foot at rapid speeds.

"Why do I have to comfort the idiot?! He only has himself to blame for what happened." The Saiyan Prince objected matter-of-factly in growing ire. Not at all pleased with his attitude, Bulma grows a prominent tick-mark on her forehead and pinches Vegeta's ear. This hurts more than it would seem.