Chapter 2: Literally Downsized

In the Distortion World, Goku relied on his immense arm strength to tightly cling onto an enraged Giratina's body. Growing more annoyed by Goku's attempt to free Vegeta from its mouth, said Pokémon contorts about in pure agony and flies around its home dimension at unprecedented speeds. It frustratedly crashes into various landmasses back first, hoping to throw the Saiyan prodigy off through means of pain infliction. Due to his highly durable skin, the destroyed scraps of soil are merely minor nuisances to Goku and he blankly shakes some excess dirt samples out of his messy hair.

            "Tinraaahah!" Giratina screeched irritably, unleashing a barrage of multiple air torrents in maddened succession that just barely brushed past Vegeta's head. Each blast of wind hits different areas of the Distortion World, creating portals that lead to different areas of the Pokemon world and alternate universes entirely. With this simultaneous production of whirling currents, the zero-gravitated Dragon Balls are sucked into their own respective portals and vanish upon entry. The Pilaf Gang, floating in wide-eyed bewilderment, gape at this misfortunate anomaly and pounce onto the four-star ball in desperation to at least salvage one of their lost treasures.

            "Oh no, you don't! The Dragon Balls are mine and mine aloooooahah!" Emperor Pilaf seethed determinedly before being dragged into another projected black hole once more, wailing like a little girl mid-transition. 

            "Sireeeeee!" Shu and Mai screamed fearfully, also descending into the prevailing bottomless void as they grabbed onto their boss's feet. As their personal gateway out of the Distortion World ceased to be, Giratina produced one last reality-warping blast that flung the unconscious Vegeta out of its maw and created a final rift. Seeing as his arms were steadily shrinking by the second, Goku bounces off of Giratina's back and rockets down towards the Saiyan prince.

            "I got you!" Goku proclaimed assuredly, hugging his arms around Vegeta's stomach area. Unable to slow the speed of his fall, Goku shuts both eyes tightly in uneasiness and enters the abnormal exit into parts unknown. Giratina carefully watches the two Universe 7 interlopers as they disappear, relieved that the Dragon Balls' bothersome output of energy was no longer an issue...for now.

            "Girahh." Giratina warbled in a much calmer tone, nodding pleasurably as it took flight to deeper parts of its arguably hellish territory.

On Kami's Lookout...

            It was a usual day on Kami's Lookout, an elevated pavilion constructed above Korin's Tower and the eponymous Land of Korin itself. There, the black-skinned genie, Mr. Popo, practiced his annual routine of watering the flowers while Piccolo meditated near the semi-circular plaza's furthest edge. Said Namekian martial artist wore a white turban and caped cloak combo, sporting large elfin ears that complimented his green skin. He sat in a calm, meditative position, floating above ground due to the subconscious use of his inner chi. Closer to the Lookout's palace stood Dende, Earth's current guardian and a much younger specimen of Piccolo's predominantly slug-like species. He is clothed in both a maroon vest and ruffled white robes, his two feet covered by the same orange shoes as Piccolo Daimao's reincarnation. Suddenly stricken with a crippling sense of dread, Dende drops his wooden staff to the ground and clutches his heart painfully. Much to Mr. Popo's horror, the youthful Namekian collapses to his knees from inexplicable exhaustion.

            "DENDE! What's wrong?!" The immortal assistant of Kami questioned concernedly, helping the distressed extraterrestrial being to his feet. Dende's eyes were widened in shock as he struggled to breath.

            "T-the Dragon Balls...T-they've disappeared somehow..." Dende gasped in grief-stricken confusion, literally feeling as if a part of him was mysteriously crushed from within. Piccolo put his meditation on hold to sense the surrounding area, noticing that two highly identifiable chi signatures were no longer present as well.