Chapter 6: A New Journey

An uncomfortable silence began to preside once the Pilaf Gang followed Cyrus and Sird into the elevator. All three interdimensional travelers broke into a cold, nervous sweat, trying their best not to share direct eye contact with either Team Galactic commander. This was particularly difficult in the case of Sird, the terrifying woman who was glaring daggers at them and their Four-Star Ball. Cyrus, on the other hand, contemplatively stared into space, his blue eyes sporting their usual look of lax indifference. Sird then cleared her throat and calculatingly examined Emperor Pilaf from head to toe.

"So, what is the significance behind this Dragon Ball's name anyway?" Sird questioned curiously as she leaned her back against the elevator walls. Emperor Pilaf shivered at the coldness of her voice, pleadingly looking toward Mai and Shu for assistance. Unfortunately for him, Mai and Shu were too stricken by fear to add any sort of comfort.

"Erm... uh... there are seven Dragon Balls in total to collect. Once they are gathered together, a green dragon with deer antlers known as Shenron comes to...to..." Emperor Pilaf hesitantly explained the Dragon Balls' functionality. Sird narrowed her eyes, noticing Pilaf's lack of enthusiasm in his answer.

"Comes to what, Pilaf? Spit it out before one my Persian comes out to play again." Sird coldly threatened while motioning to the four Poké Balls attached to her waist. Not wanting to be ripped limb from limb by said super-powered cougar, Pilaf frantically thought over his words.

"Alright, alright! He comes to grant three wishes of any person who summons him!" Pilaf exasperatedly revealed. This new piece of information caused Sird and Cyrus to collectively widen their eyes with interest. Cyrus stroked his chin and intriguingly looked down at the Four-Star Ball in Pilaf's hands.

"A wish-granting dragon, you say? Interesting. In that sense, these Dragon Balls seem to be a perfect amalgamation of both Rayquaza and Jirachi. How very interesting indeed..." Cyrus presumed, connecting the Dragon Balls' existence to two of the Hoenn region's most powerful Legendary Pokémon. Never hearing of such odd-sounding names, The Pilaf Gang shared puzzled looks with one another.

"I have no clue what this guy is talking about. Grrgh! Being in another universe is such a nuisance, especially this one!" Pilaf mentally ranted in a low growl. However, after thinking back to some of the bizarre, practically world-ending anomalies native to Universe 7, this world didn't seem all that much different in terms of sheer peculiarity.

"Then again, ours wasn't much of a paradise either." Pilaf relinquished his previous transgression. Sird, now fully onboard with acquiring the Dragon Balls for her and Team Galactic's own gain, evilly smirked.

"These Dragon Balls may be exactly what we need, Cyrus. Unless, of course, there are some limitations or side-effects involved with using them?" Sird questioningly demanded. In regards to the Dragon Balls' limits, Mai thought of the most prominent one.

"T-There's...erm... a few, actually. After all three wishes are fulfilled, Shenron will disappear and scatter each Dragon Ball across the globe. They'll then be reverted to stone for about a year and won't be tracked by the Dragon Radar until that same year is over." Mai emphasized the limited time frame from which Shenron could appear. She pointed to the Dragon Radar tucked in between Pilaf's arm to further enforce her point.

"I see. Hmph I suppose that won't be an issue if and inevitably when the new universe is created." Sird confidently denounced the Dragon Balls' eventual deactivation as a major issue. The entire Pilaf Gang quizzically examined her in unison.

"If you say so, lady." Shu deadpanned with a tentative shrug. Sird's expression immediately darkened in response to Shu disrespectfully calling her "lady".