29. Call Me By My Name

"I am King!" the voice screamed in court. But it wasn't Hades. Hades didn't need to yell. His calm was more frightening. She could imagine him now, sitting with his face on his knuckles, smiling, further infuriating the dead.

She couldn't care less if her father was on trial. Normally, Kore loved the humans, but tonight was hers. There would be nothing in the world tonight except him and her.

Before coming here, Kore had gone first to the fields to get into the dress she had asked for. Now, she was standing in the court, not far in enough for anyone to notice. She weaved her fingers in the air, as if each was pulling an imaginary thread up from the ground.

In the courtyard, vines began crawling towards the throne. Hades was deaf to the complaining man, interested in watching the plants creeping up from behind his seat like fingers reaching towards the center. Thanatos noticed too, and decided the court was adjourned. He clamped his hand on the deadman's mouth and bowed to his king as he backed himself through his appointed door.

"You've returned," Hades said, now sitting up confidently.

"Is this some way to welcome back your wife?" Kore stepped out of the shadow, conscious of exactly how she moved her feet. Her legs, her hips. Her walk was sultry; cat like. Her thigh slowly, deliberately twisted forward, peeking past the thin purple veil of her black skirt. Hades gripped the sides of his seat and she smirked.

"I didn't know I was married. No one invited me."

She closed in on the throne and pinned him back, her knee in his chest as the top of her foot pressed between his legs.

"Weddings are overrated anyway," she replied, snaking over his mouth.

Hades gripped her other thigh that encased his leg. "Ss! Wouldn't wanna let your mentor hear that. She'd be disappointed."

"I wouldn't worry so much," Kore slid her face to his ear, letting him take in her scent. "She's taught me quite a few tricks I can make her proud with." She flexed her foot, his shivers telling her he got the message.

"Like?" Hades tested her.

Kore shifted her foot so that her toes had more purpose and clawed at her target. Hades grunted and turned away with his eyes closed.

She didn't like that.

Kore slid her hand up his shoulder and to his head, pulling his hair so he was forced to look at her.

"Princess..." Hades breathed and she yanked his head back.

She leaned in, about to kiss him, but went at his neck at the last moment. "That's... not. My. Name," she demanded, as her knee slid down his front, resting outside his leg so he was straddled, leaving his chest open for kisses.

Hades groaned and his fingers reached out to grab her legs, but the restraints on his wrists didn't let him get far enough. "Kore," he yearned, and she punished him by grinding against him.

"Release me," he demanded, and felt more vines begin to hold him back.

Kore scraped her teeth against his neck, warning his throat if it didn't say the right words.

"Crown me."

Hades reached out to kiss her but she pulled away. The grumble that voiced his disdain raised fire across her skin.

"Release me now, Kore," his voice was deeper than before, more powerful.

Kore smiled with a wet laugh, pressing against him. "Or what?" She asked, kissing his jaw.

"Or you'll regret the monster you've made," he warned.

Kore finally faced him as her hands pushed his already revealing shirt away from his stomach. "You don't think it's the monster I want?"