17. Kiss the Girl

Hades sat on his throne in the judgement room, bored mindless as he watched some pathetic excuse for a man beg for his life. He would have been plenty entertained by the chaos that was ensuing in the upper world, but alas, he was stuck here, unaware. That changed when his sister literally crashed through the roof.

Hades got off his seat to meet Hestia. He waved his hand and Thanatos took away the weaseling man.

"Have I offended you somehow, dear sister?"

"Demeter's on a rampage," Hestia informed him.

Hades scoffed as he joined her, leading her into his home.

"Did Zeus bother her again?"

"No. Her daughter's gone missing."

Aurora's missing? Hades wondered to himself.

"Missing?" He repeated. "How can she be missing? Doesn't Demi have her on lockdown?"

"Exactly!" Hestia exclaimed as she threw up her hands. "The ground didn't open up and swallow her whole! Demeter's gonna destroy everything in her path!"

Hades stopped at the top of the stairs.

"Well, who's watching the mortals?"

"Hypnos has put everyone to sleep. Nothing will awaken until that girl is found!"

Hades sighed and continued walking down.

"You're welcome to look around, but I doubt you'll find her here. Selene! Helios! Eos!" Hades called out for the titan kids as he reached the lower floor.

The Olympian siblings waited as the titan siblings joined them by the staircase one by one.

"What can we do for you, boss?" Helios asked, barely suppressing a yawn.

"Sorry to wake you. You know my sister, Hestia." Hades introduced and the kids waved at her.

"Kori's missing, and Demeter's got everyone searching everywhere for her."

Selene scoffed a laugh.

"And you think she's here?"

Eos elbowed her little sister.

"Can't hurt to look," Hades pleaded before turning back to Hestia.

"I've got to get back, but these three can help you look around. Summon if you need me." He kissed his sister's cheek and returned back up to court.

Hestia and the titans split up to search for Kore in the palace. Selene wasn't too worried about the young goddess being scared down here. She hadn't been scared by any stories Selene had told her of the Underworld. Kori was practically dying to visit the Elysian Fields.

Helios wasn't too hopeful. What if she fell into the river of souls? What if she ran into Thanatos? Helios froze where he stood. What if she ran into Cerberus!?

The twins' older sister was vary. She knew about Hades's gift, that nothing could hurt Kori. But still, there were places in the underworld that could be dangerous even to gods.

Hestia meanwhile, stuck to the places she knew, which was mostly limited to her brother's personal castles. She ran through the halls checking behind every door, nook, and cranny. Hestia came up empty handed, until she went into Hades's study.

"Aidoneus!" Hestia reflexively called for her elder brother as she ran to her niece.

"Oh, my love!" Hestia cradled the girl's head into her lap, brushing aside the hair from her face.