A Night In

Miles tapped his fingers on the desk. All he wanted was to go home, but the pile of paperwork on his desk just didn't permit it. It wasn't much, or anything extremely substantial, but it had to be done, or it would continue to pile up. He pulled a sheet off the top and begun work, every so often taking a sip of the large cup of tea on just in front of him.

Away he worked, signing, dating, filling out paperwork, not once stopping for a break. He wrote until his hand and wrist ached, and his eyes grew heavy. Until he finally filed the last piece.

Miles leant back in his chair, feeling accomplished. He picked up his mug and turned towards the large window behind him and looked out at the skyline. It was so beautifully simple yet complex. In every window, someone had a completely different life, but when looked upon as a whole, everyone seemed the same. The same dull, repetitive lives. He was the same of course. Wake up, make breakfast, go to work, go home, make dinner, go to bed. Day in, day out.

He sighed, breathing in the aromatic scent of the tea. Finishing off the last of the sweet, hot, liquid in the mug, he placed it back down on the desk and stood up. Washing up would be a job for tomorrow. He grabbed his briefcase and filled it with anything he might need between now and 9 am the next day. With that, he slung on his coat and walked out the door.

He arrived back at his apartment at approximately 10 pm. Exhausted, he dropped the briefcase on the floor, and removed his coat and suit jacket, tucking his cravat into its pocket. He slipped off his shoes and walked towards the living room where he found his boyfriend sat watching the nightly news in a large t-shirt and pyjama pants, normally spiky hair flat and wet.

He sat down next to him and placed his head on his shoulder.

"Oh hey Miles, sorry I didn't hear you come in," Phoenix laughed a little, wrapping his arm around him, then he stopped, "Are you ok? You look exhausted." He asked, worriedly.

Miles only grunted in reply, curling himself up into the defence attorney.

Phoenix nodded in understanding. "Yeah, babe I get it. Have you eaten? There's some pizza in the refrigerator if you want it. I was gonna wait until you got back but when you didn't come by 9 i was just too hungry, sorry." He rubbed the back of his neck.

"Don't worry about it. It's fine. I'm just cold and tired." Miles replied, yawning. Phoenix rubbed his shoulder comfortingly.

"I know exactly what you need." He said, eyes sparkling with enthusiasm as he pulling his arm out from behind him and standing up. Miles sat up sluggishly.

"And what might that be?" He asked, rubbing his eyes.

"You'll see! Hold on a minute I need to get something." Phoenix said, dashing into their bedroom.

He emerged a few minutes later with a large hoodie, fluffy socks and sweatpants. "Put these on. I'm going to set up ." He said excitedly, dashing back into the bedroom.

Miles crumpled his eyebrows in confusion but was too tired to feel anything, so he undressed and redressed in the clothes Phoenix has brought through. He certainly felt warmer.

"Ok! Come in!" Phoenix shouted from the other room.

Miles walked in, stopping in shock as he walked in the door. There were blankets galore on the bed, enough to keep a whole family living in the arctic warm for years, and the TV mounted on the wall was set up with one of his favourite movies. "Liar, Liar" featuring Jim Carrey.

A wide smile made its way onto Miles' face, one that only appeared on occasions but, when it did make an appearance, Phoenix fell in love more and more, which he didn't think was possible until it happened.

"Are you just gonna stand there gawking at how much of an amazing boyfriend I am or are you gonna get in so I can start the movie?" Phoenix smiled, patting the bed beside him. Miles walked towards the bed, climbing under the covers and snuggling up to his boyfriend.

Phoenix pressed play on the movie and placed a small kiss on the top of his head, pulling him closer. Miles rested his head on his chest, and eventually, they both fell asleep wrapped in each other's arms

ay up its me ya boi so this is my first wrightworth fic omg wow sjdjdjd i wrote it on my phone so there might be a lot of errors but like in the future i'll write them on my laptop aNyway enjoy also i know liar liar is a cliche lawyer movie but i was really close to putting shrek bc i'm that much of a m3m3l0rd so be grateful i didn't lmaoo