Soulmate AU

Phoenix sat in his office. His soulmate had been scribbling little things on his arms for as long as he could remember. When your soulmate writes something on their arm, it appears on your arm. From what Phoenix could tell, his soulmate was very forgetful. In high school, they'd write their schedules and homework's on their arm, so Phoenix was constantly up to date on what they had and hadn't done.

He was constantly trying to decipher their code, constantly trying to figure out where they'd be. When one day, he did. That day, was today. Phoenix was working on some paperwork from a recent case with his sleeve rolled up to see if they wrote anything else on their arm. They did.

"Kennedy's Dentistry. 11.30" It read. Kennedy's Dentistry. He knew where that was. Better yet, He had an appointment at 11.45. This was the perfect time to meet them! It was currently 11, so Phoenix grabbed his coat and rushed out the door. On the way, he sent Maya a quick text, telling her where he was going.

He pushed open the door and into a small corridor with hand sanitizer dispensers on either side. A small bathroom was down another small corridor leading off the corridor he was in. He walked through the next door and into the waiting room. 11.15.

"Hey, Phoenix. what can I do you for?" She welcomed him, smiling sweetly.

"Hey, Rebecca. I have an appointment today? At 11.45 I think." Phoenix said. She clicked a few things on her computer and looked back up at him.

"Yeah, you do. Why'd you come so early though? It's not for another half hour." She said, looking puzzled up at him. He just shrugged.

"If I set off closer to the time I'd be late so I thought I'd be early." He said nonchalantly. She shrugged back.

"Seems legit. I'll let you know when Ken's free to see you." She said. He nodded and sat down in the waiting room. No one else was there except him. Wow, that's just my luck, he thought. My soulmate cancels when I get my only chance to meet them. That sounded about right.

He just rolled his eyes and took out his phone, mindlessly playing subway surfers while waiting for his appointment. When suddenly he heard two voices coming from reception.

"Hello, Mr Edgeworth. You're here for your 11.30 appointment I assume." Rebecca said politely.

"Yes, I am." A deep male voice spoke, that made Phoenix flush are the thought that this was his soulmate, about to walk up those stairs. His voice was like honey, his British accent filled his ears, taking over his entire being. He couldn't wait to see what he looked like.

"Ok, just go into the waiting room and I'll let you know when Doctor Kennedy is ready to see you," Rebecca said again. Then he heard footsteps coming towards the waiting room. This was it. This was the moment.

The man walked through the door. His hair was a dark grey colour, styled in a fashion that would make gravity jealous. His eyes were a stormy grey too, so stormy in fact, Phoenix thought he was right in the middle of one. His general figure was thin but muscular. To sum him up in one word? Phoenix would have to say handsome. Undeniably so.

He gulped, pulling a pen out of his pocket and rolling up his sleeves. This was it. This was the moment. He wrote, "I finally found you." On his arm. The handsome man looked up from his phone and rolled up the sleeve of his hoodie. "I finally found you." It read. He looked over, and they both made eye contact.

Mr Edgeworth blushed, so did Phoenix. But he smiled, despite himself. This was his soulmate.

"So..." Phoenix said awkwardly, "Wanna get a coffee after this?" He said, rubbing the back of his neck.

Mr Edgeworth smiled slightly, "Ok. That'd be nice. My names Edgeworth by the way. Miles Edgeworth." Miles said, blushing harder.

"Wright. Phoenix Wright. But you can call me Nick." Nick said, blushing harder too, moving closer to Miles.

They began to talk. Just casually, like old friends would. It was as if they'd known each other forever. It was bliss. It was perfect. He'd finally found his soulmate.

looking back on this now, even tho it was only a couple months ago this is still bad ooof anyway i hope you enjoyed, bye!!! -Alec