Warm Hugs On A Cold Day

Phoenix shivered. He wouldn't normally cycle back from work, especially not on days like this. The cold, bitter air was settling in for the month, and christmas was approaching.

Don't get him wrong, he loves Christmas and Winter and all of that however he prefers to watch the frost set in from inside with a warm drink and a warm boyfriend. Not on his bike, fingers slowly turning purple and body becoming numb.

After another 10 minutes of cycling, Phoenix returned home. He left his bike by the door and removed his shoes and jacket, leaving his briefcase on the floor.

Immediately walking towards the kettle to begin brewing himself a nice, hot cup of coffee. While the kettle boiled, he quickly changed into a large grey sweater and thick sweatpants.

Phoenix day on the sofa, cradling the warm mug in his hands, inhaling its sweet yet bitter scent. He took small sips, nursing it.

Just as his cold body had begun to warm up, the door opened loudly, letting in a large gust of wind. Phoenix turned around.

Miles walked in. His hair was disheveled, his normally calm aura was shattered on the floor around him. Everything just seemed... off. His shirt was untucked and three of his top buttons undone. He truly was the definition of a hot mess.

"Miles are you-" Phoenix started, getting cut off by the prosecutor pulling him into a hug and resting his head against his chest.

"I'll take that as a no then," Phoenix murmured, rubbing his back and pressing his lips to the top of his head, "What happened that got you this worked up babe?" He asked softly, still rubbing his back.

Miles just shook his head in reply, burying his face deeper in Phoenix. He smiled softly, "It's fine. Go put something comfy on and I'll make you tea, just the way you like it." Miles nodded, letting go of Phoenix and walking into the bedroom.

Phoenix walked back into the kitchen and turned the kettle on once more. What could have happened that got him so worked up? Miles was almost never like this, sure he was a big softy but he was never really so upset he didn't talk about it.

He tried to think back to the events of that day. What had actually happened? He didn't have any cases he was working on for that day, so it can't have been that. Phoenix didn't notice anything out of the ordinary when they were eating lunch. So what was it?

Phoenix shook his head. If Miles wanted to tell him, he would, and if he didn't, he wouldn't. Simple as. He took a deep breath.

Miles walked back through into the kitchen. He still looked stressed. Phoenix smiled and handed him the mug of tea.

"There," Phoenix said triumphantly, "Just how you like it. Now come on. Let's sit down."

The pair walked back into the living room and sat down. Phoenix picked up his now cold cup of coffee, "So. What happened then?"

Miles sipped at his tea, starring blankly at the wall, "There was an earthquake earlier while I was in a meeting. It was nothing huge apparently but it felt it to me. I felt like Ivwas about to faint so I just left," Miles grimaced, "Detective Gumshoe was there and so was Franciska and so many other respected prosecutors. I failed. I failed as a prosecutor and as the head prosecutor. I showed weakness. I can't do that, Nick. I can't." Tears swelled in his eyes and began to roll down his cheeks.

Nick put down his now empty mug and brought a hand up to Miles' face, slowly stroking his cheek.

"You aren't weak. Miles you're the strongest damn prosecutor ever. How many other prosecutors have been able to get off of 2 murder charges AND still had a great reputation? How many other prosecutors can say they have an incredible record when it comes to winning cases? Very few!" Nick smiled at Miles, continuing to stroke his cheek affectionately.

Miles put down his now also empty mug and smiled a small, sad smile at his boyfriend, "Not many can say they have a terrible fear of bloody earthquakes either. I don't know why I can't just man up about it, Nick." He said, tears falling out of his eyes. Nick pulled him into a tight, warm hug.

"Miles. Everyone has fears. Everyone is afraid of something. You don't need to man up. You don't need to change yourself. The only thing you need to change is how hard you are on yourself. You're only human, and I love you for that. I love everything about you. Everyone still respects you as a prosecutor still, just because you're scared of something doesn't make you any less of a human. If anything it makes you more human." Nick put his forehead on Miles'.

Miles put his hands on top of Nick's, rubbing his thumb softly over the bumps of his knuckle. Everything seemed so right and peaceful in the world at that moment. It was as if all the wars and conflict and negativity had just... paused. Just, tranquility and such a general sense of calmness.

"Come on," Said Nick, "It's cold and getting late. Let's go to bed."

Miles crinkled his nose, "Nick it's 8:30."

Nick gasped in a mock horror, "It's never to early to go to sleep. Even if we don't sleep straight away, it's cold so we'll need to huddle for warmth."

Miles rolled his eyes and let out a small laugh, "Yeah I guess we'll have to won't we."

"Come on then! Let's get in!" Nick said, probably a little too excited.

With that, the pair walked into the bedroom and lay in bed, tangled in each other.

as you can tell i had. no good names for this bc on amino theyre all just like 'gAYYYY SHIT HERE LADS COME GET YALLS JUICE'' so i wanted to be as professional as i could be considering this is wattpad and this is a fanfiction lmaoo. anyway i was watching the Objection Funk thing on the tv on youtube and my mum said that Manfred Von Karma is good looking and i just can't djdjdj like hey siri how do i divorce my mother? -Alec