Chapter 10: Hammer Head

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing.  I clumsily dug around the couch until I felt it in my hands. 

"Hello?" I answered groggily. 

"Spider-Man where are you?! We are in pursuit of Hammer Head! We need you on back up!" Chief Davis shouted on the other line. 

"I'm on my way!" I exclaimed as I jumped off the couch and fished my suit out of the dryer. 

"MJ must have switched the laundry in the middle of the night." I thought to myself as I hung up the phone and threw on my suit. 

"I really don't deserve her." I sighed aloud as I opened the window. 

She didn't seem to be awake yet. Something told me not to disturb her but when we were together I always told her goodbye before I went out on call. 

I web zipped across the room to her door. I then gently pushed it open. The bed was made and she was no where to be found. 

"Huh guess she woke up before me." I thought to myself as I closed the door shut. 

I then made my way back to the window and climbed out. I then followed the sound of sirens as I swung through the city.  After the bombing the NYPD made its main goal to hunt down Hammer Head. For once the police were on my side and knew that he was the true culprit, while the rest of the city blamed me. I believe I had Chief Davis to thank for that. 

It didn't take long to find him and most of his unit. The police were gathered outside another one of Hammer Head's known warehouses in Brooklyn. 

"What I'd miss?" I asked as I landed on one of the police cruisers. 

"We've got Hammer Head cornered. Only problem is we don't know if there's anymore bombs. I've got the bomb squad on stand by." Chief Davis explained. 

"Let me go in." I offered.

"You almost died last time." Chief Davis stated 

"Yeah almost, as in didn't. No more officers are dying on my watch." I stated as I quickly web zipped towards the warehouse.

"Wait!" Chief Davis exclaimed.

I ignored him and entered the warehouse through a broken window. When I came into the building it was empty. Only iron beams connecting to the walls filled the room. I clung to the walls and slowly crawled towards the ceiling. On the floor at the bottom sat Hammer Head. 

"Welcome Spidey! Took you long enough! I heard the entourage arrive a long time before you did. Seems like you're slacking on the job again." He laughed as he sat back in his chair. 

He was completely alone. No members of his gang were around and my spider sense wasn't ringing any bells. I was cautious as I jumped down and landed before him.

"You're alone?" I inquired.

"Of course how else would I surrender to the great Spider-man?" He laughed.

"Surrender?" I questioned. 

"I have to answer for my crimes surely? After all I did kill those officers." He cackled. 

I watched as he fished out a cigar and lit it. 

"What's wrong Spidey normally I can't get you to shut up?" He asked as he puffed at his cigar. 

"I don't trust you." I stated. 

"That's fair. But you know you've got a lot of people in this city that think those dead officers' blood is on your hands, not mine. Maybe its you who should surrender and not me." He laughed. 

"That's enough!" I exclaimed as I kicked him in his chest causing him to fall back with the chair. 

"Sore subject I see." Hammer Head coughed out as he rolled to his side and stood up.

Something told me this was a game to him. 

"Well enough chit-chat Spider let's get this show on the road." Hammer Head stated as he put out his hands in front of him like he wanted me to cuff him.

I quickly shot a web at his hands to bind him. 

"That's more like it." He laughed. 

I then shot another web at his mouth to shut him up.

"Surely it can't be this easy?" I thought to myself. 

I brought him to the police after that. It didn't take long for the public opinion on me to favor me again.  Hammer Head admitted to the bombing and was sentenced to the R.A.F.T.