Chapter 2: The Lead

Jimin and Mina enter the scene of the crime. The investigators have handed over all the reports and evidence as the room is exactly the same. Mina glances around while putting on her gloves. Jimin takes pictures of different areas so they could investigate later. She quickly approaches his desk as that's where Daniel was found dead.

Mina carefully opens each drawer and notices that there's a hidden one locked. She says, "Jimin, give me the master key." He nods and hands over a small key picking device. She opens the drawer and it's empty. Mina sighs and starts dusting inside the hidden drawer. After a few minutes, she notices a fingerprint and calls Jimin over. Jimin asks, "You want me to record the print so we can process it?"

Mina rolls her eyes and says sarcastically, "No, I want you to keep staring at it doing nothing." Jimin boops her nose and says, "You're cranky." Mina shrugs him off and says, "We're investigating a case that was closed already, it such a waste of-" She pauses as a small red dot catches her eye.

She says, "Turn off the lights and close the curtains." Jimin smirks, "Ohh, on a desk of a murder victim. Kinky. I like it." Mina glares at him and says, "Just do it." He says cutely, "Please~" Mina breaks into a smile and says back, "Please." Jimin proceeds to do so and the red dot becomes more visible. It's blinking on and off and if it's exactly what she thinks it is, then they have their first lead.

Mina says, "Turn them back on." Jimin replies, "Yes, boss." She walks towards the book case and takes the book. The red light was emanating from the back of this book so as she opens it, it reveals a small hidden camera. Jimin smirks and says, "What a smart move. I'll tell Jihyo-" Mina interrupts him, "Let's see what's inside." He pulls out his laptop and they plug the camera in.

It's a camera that continuously records Daniel's desk. After going to the specific time and date, they find out what happened to Daniel. It reveals a figure covered in a mask and hat. It points the gun towards Daniel's head and shoots him point blank. After putting the forged suicide note and the gun in his hands, the figure leaves. Mina curses, "Shit."

Jimin then says, "I guess we aren't going home early." Jihyo then arrives and the two meet with her privately. Jimin says, "If my guesses are correct. It's a woman who's about 5'4" to 5'6". Left handed." Jihyo raises an eyebrow and says, "How'd you find that out from this short video?" He chuckles and says, "I'd hate to brag but I'm a genius. From the angle this video was taken and the height comparison between the lady and the table, I can estimate her height. She was wearing earrings and her hip shape is built like a woman's. She's holding the gun with her left hand and her grip is steady."

Mina pecks him on the cheek and says, "That's why I married you." He asks, "It's cuz of my looks?" She says, "Well, that's one too." He then says, "What about my jokes?" Mina says, "So Jihyo, do you want us to continue with the investigation or hand it over to the police? I would prefer handing the case over to us as it will make it less public." Jihyo breaks from her thoughts and says, "I don't know. Can you give me time to think?" Mina nods and says, "Take your time."

The two go back to their humble apartment and Mina tells him, "She wasn't that surprised when we told her that Daniel got murdered." Jimin then says, "Well, she thought he was murdered anyway." Mina then says, "She also holds her phone with her left hand and is about 5'4"." He asks, "What are you trying to say?" Mina smirks and says, "She's a perfect fit for the murderer." Jimin sighs and says, "But she can't be, if she was the murderer then she wouldn't have asked us to investigate." She sighs and says, "You're right... But maybe we can connect it."

Jihyo soon asks them to continue the investigation and they oblige. Jimin goes through the database looking for people who match the traits and may have a motive. He's narrowed it to 5 people. Kim Sana. Jung Momo. Im Nayeon. Kang Jihyo. Daniel's secretary.

Mina joins him in their bedroom and says, "Did you know Kim Namjoon took Daniel's position as CEO?" He nods and she continues, "He also had a thing with Jihyo for a long time but she ended up dating Daniel and got married to him." Jimin says, "Interesting." Mina then says, "And, I found one more guy. Lim Jaebeom. He's this well known mafia boss who's daughter died at the explosion in Kang Labs. Seems like a good motive to me."

Jimin then says, "I found 5 girls who fit the specific traits of our killer. There's Kim Sana, wife of Kim Taehyung who's Daniel's biggest business partner. There's Jung Momo, wife of Jung Hoseok who's Daniel's childhood friend. There's Im Nayeon, she's related to the scientist who was in charge of the lab that exploded. There's Daniel's secretary, who's been having an affair with him for the longest time. Then there's Kang Jihyo, Daniel's wife who actually found out about the affair and is benefitting millions of dollars from his death."

Mina furrows here eyebrows and says, "Disregard Sana and Momo. They're high classed people so they would hire people to do the dirty work. As for Jihyo, she fits the role perfectly and her motives fully align. We need to find more information on his secretary. But, we should investigate my hunches first because they're more likely." Jimin closes his laptop and says, "We should take a break for today. Now come here and cuddle with me."

Mina moves next to him as she takes off her reading glasses. Jimin pats her stomach and says, "When do you want to have another one?" Mina glares at him as he regrets making the joke. Jimin looks at her in the eyes apologetically as he knows this is a sensitive topic because of recent developments with Ryujin. Mina turns around and says, "I'm tired." Jimin back hugs her and says, "Sorry, I was rushing things." Mina sighs then closes her eyes until she drifts to sleep.