Chapter 6: Kim Namjoon

Mina covers her mouth as she gasps and Jimin stays on his knees shocked. He muttered under his breath, "Look at the date..." Mina looks at the document but backs away as her tears start to drip on it. Despite the blinding tears, Mina got to look at the date and it was on the day of the accident. Jimin says, "She might be alive."

Mina stays quiet then glances at the buyer's name. Kim Namjoon. Jimin then asks weakly, "What did Jihyo say?" Mina says quietly, "Not to tell the police and keep this to ourselves." He then says, "So what are we going to do?" She replies, "Work on this quietly so we can find Ryujin." Jimin then says realistically, "How do we know she's alive?" Mina says sternly, "This is our only chance, it may be small but I'm not afraid to defy odds to bring Ryujin back."

Jimin stands up and extends his hand asking for the document. Mina hands it over and he reads over it thoroughly. He says, "Wait a minute, this name is familiar. Lim Yeji." Mina tries to remember then says, "Ahh, yes. She's Lim Jaebeom's daughter and was an intern too. I think they said she was lost in the accident." Jimin then says, "So the police is part of it too, the date matches the accident. Did Jaebeom ever get her body?" Mina shakes her head and says, "They said her body was unrecognizable but confirmed it was her based on DNA samples."

Jimin then says, "So they faked her death. Why didn't they say anything about Ryujin?" Mina shrugs her shoulder and says, "Maybe, they had to do something because of how powerful Jaebeom is. He is a well known business man and mafia leader." He then says, "Maybe we should pay him a visit, we need the most help we can get. And the police is not an option."

Mina says, "We can meet with him tomorrow." Jimin says, "You know him?" She replies, "I know his wife. Our daughters were the same age and we met through parent meetings. She's pretty cute." Jimin says, "Then tomorrow it is."

The next day...

Mina and Jimin visit Jaebeom's office. They walk to the highest floor and is greeted by his secretary. The lovely lady leads them to Jaebeom's office where the lights are dim and the vibe is tense. Jaebeom sit's behind his desk in a natural mafia boss fashion and says, "The guts you investigators have to come to my office unarmed." Jimin says, "We-"

He pauses as he feels the barrel of a gun touch his head. Mina puts her hands up and so does Jimin. He says, "Jaebeom, we just need to talk." The man behind them says, "Boss, just give the order and we'll blow their brains out." Jaebeom says, "Give me one reason I shouldn't kill you right now." Mina says, "It's about your daughter."

The men pointing their guns lower them slightly as Jaebeom says, "Leave us." They all nod and leave the room. Lights start to turn on and Jimin tosses the document on his table. Jaebeom takes it and reads it. As his eyes come across his daughter's name, he looks up at them. Jaebeom says, "So my Yeji is alive?" Jimin says, "We don't know but there's a chance."

Jaebeom sighs and rubs his eyebrows. He says, "What do you want me to do?" Jimin says surprised, "Really? We just met, you don't even know our names." Jaebeom looks at him and says, "You're Jimin and she's Mina. Seulgi talks about her a lot." Jimin says, "So you're just going to trust us like that?" Jaebeom says annnoyed, "Tell me before my patience runs out." The shorter says, "We just need coverage of the black market. Namjoon and the others probably have connections with the police so we need to expose them to the world where their connections won't be enough." Jaebeom asks curiously, "How did you get this?"

Mina says, "We put Jihyo in prison. We stumbled upon this document in our investigation." Jaebeom nods and says, "I'll get back to you tomorrow. Don't worry, we'll find our daughters." She looks at him shocked and says, "We never told you they took our daughter." Jaebeom chuckles and says, "Leave." The two bow and bid good bye.

As they walk out of the building, Mina scoffs and says, "His wife is the complete opposite. What an asshole." Jimin covers her mouth and says, "Please don't talk behind the mafia boss' back." Mina swats his hand off her mouth and says, "I'm not scared of him. Let's get lunch."

Jimin agrees with her and they make their way towards their favorite restaurant. They sit next to each other and Jimin says, "We need a vacation." Mina smiles sincerely and says, "We can't rest until we find Ryujin. Then we'll get a vacation, ok?" Jimin nods understandingly and says, "We should be able to find her soon, Jaebeom has the man power to this by himself." Mina sighs and says, "I miss her so much."

Jimin looks at her sincerely and says, "Me too." Suddenly the bells above the door rings, and both their eyes perk towards the guy. Kim Namjoon. He smiles at the lady at the counter and is guided towards a seat. He's alone. Mina turns to Jimin and says, "Jimin, do you trust me?" He nods his head without hesitation and she smirks at him. Mina takes off her wedding ring and says, "I'll be right back." Jimin holds her wrist and says, "We should just wait for Jaebeom to deal with it." Mina says, "This is our only chance to get this close to him. I'm going to get him to spill everything." Jimin urges, "It's dangerous. I'm not letting you go." Mina looks at him with determination and says, "Park-Myoui Jimin, I want to do this and I'm going to do this. If you trust me, you'll let me go."

He sighs then let goes and she walks towards Namjoon's table. Namjoon says, "Oh someone already took my order." Mina smirks and says, "I wasn't here to take your order." He glances at her body as she tries to seduce him and he says, "Is that your boyfriend back there?" Mina chuckles and says, "Brother. It's just you looked lonely here and..." Jimin tries his best to not make it suspicious that he's watching them. His fist clenches as fear clouds his body.

Namjoon smirks and says, "Well, you caught me. Do you want to accompany me, somewhere else?" Mina nods and he takes her hand. Mina says, "Wait, let me get my bag." She goes to Jimin's table and whispers, "I'll send live recordings through my phone." He nods and she leaves him.

Jimin watches as Namjoon exits the restaurant with his wife. He puts on earphones and starts to listen in on the conversation.

"Do you have a car?" Namjoon replies, "My chauffeur is almost here." Mina says impressed, "Wow, chauffeur." He smiles proudly as his luxurious car arrives. They enter and Namjoon offers water, "Thirsty?" Mina drinks it out of courtesy. But she soon feels nauseous. A few seconds later and she passes out.

Jimin starts to worry as he hasn't heard her speak in a long time. Namjoon says, "She'll sell for a lot but we have a small problem." Another man says, "Problem?" Namjoon chuckles and says, "Don't worry, I can deal with it."

Jimin starts to panic and tries to reassure himself that Mina is alive. The other man chuckles and says, "These women always fall for the same tricks. I thought this one looked smarter too." Namjoon laughs and says, "Money and good looks. It's all you need to bring the ladies in and I can call myself lucky because I have the brains too." The other man says, "Whatever, what's this problem anyway?"

Namjoon says, "She has a brother and he saw me take her. Don't worry, I sent a man to 'clean up.'

Jimin rises from his seat quickly and starts to pack his things. He hears the bells of the entrance ring as he makes his way to the bathroom. He climbs the stall and through the window and starts running for it. Through the dark and dirty alley, he runs anywhere away from the restaurant.

As soon as the coast is clear, he checks the tracker on Mina's phone and notices that it's been turned off. He sighs as he replays the recording of Namjoon's conversation with the mysterious man. "You're so stupid, you should've just waited for Jaebeom. Why did I let you go?" He mutters under his breath as he starts to lose it. Jimin starts to feel regret as he holds Mina's wedding ring. He should've never let her go, they should've just been patient. Both of them would still be here out of danger. Jimin sighs as he's not been the best father or husband.