Chapter 3: Suspect #1

Jimin wakes up to an empty bed and makes his way towards the kitchen. He notices Mina eating by herself and walks towards her. He back hugs her while she's seated and says, "Morning, Minari." Mina says, "Morning." Jimin pecks her cheek and says, "What's for breakfast today?" She answers, "Whatever you want to cook."

Jimin frowns and says cutely while back hugging her, "Are you still mad at me? I'm sorry, I was moving too fast and didn't think about how your feeling." He continuously places kisses on her cheeks as she starts to blush and smile. Mina can't stay mad at Jimin, no one can. She starts to giggle and says, "Hurry up and eat, we have to interview Daniel's secretary." Jimin places his chin on her shoulder and says, "I think I know what I want to eat for breakfast."

Mina says, "Then hurry up and eat." Jimin starts to kiss her neck and Mina rolls her eyes then says, "If you say you want me, I'm leaving without you." Jimin backs away and says, "Yes, ma'am." He quickly makes a cup of coffee and toasts a bagel before putting cream cheese on it. After the two prepare for the day, they make their way to their small interviewing room where Daniel's secretary is already waiting.

Jimin walks inside the interviewing room where the two face each other with a silver table in between them. Mina stands in another room which is separated by a oneway glass. Jimin sits down and so does the secretary and the interrogation begins. Jimin says, "Good morning, thanks for cooperating with the investigation. I'll try to get this done as quickly and smoothly."

The other girl smiles at Jimin and Mina starts to gag at the way she's looking at her husband. Jimin says, "First, let's get comfortable. I'm Park-Myoui Jimin." The secretary says, "Park-Myoui?" Jimin nods and shows off his wedding ring and says, "Happily married." Mina smirks feeling victorious over a non-existent competition. The secretary says, "I'm Kim Wooyeon. Daniel's secretary for over 3 years."

Jimin says, "Ahh, so you two must've been close seeing that you were his second ever secretary." She nods and says, "You can say that." Jimin then asks, "Since you knew about Daniel's schedules and appointments, do you have any hunch or guess on who would try to do harm?" She thinks for a little bit and hesitates to speak and Jimin smiles then says, "I know there's a lot pressure because of the weight of your words right now but please relax."

He stands and hands her a glass of water and a granola bar. She drinks and says, "I don't any specific person but he did make a lot of enemies to get where he is now." Jimin writes down what she just said and asks, "Any notable enemies? Like big time rivals or beef?" Wooyeon giggles at his word choice and says, "Not really, all I could think of is Kim Namjoon. He's been working at the company longer than Daniel and even has a share in the company's stocks but he never got the CEO position until Daniel passed."

Jimin nods as one of their suspicions is mentioned. He then says, "So you've been having an affair with Daniel for a while, word has even gone around that he got you pregnant and you aborted the baby. Do you want to confirm or deny these rumors?" Wooyeon looks at him shocked and says, "How did you-" He interrupts her and says, "We found a hidden camera which filmed Daniel's desk 24/7 and I've been studying the footage for days now. I know everything."

She hesitates and says, "I never got pregnant but yes. I did have an affair with him." Jimin asks, "How long?" Wooyeon says, "It's been about 6 months." He writes the final bit of information down and says, "Ok, I'm done." She asks, "So am I allowed to leave?" Jimin looks at her and says, "Unfortunately, no. My wife would like to ask a few questions before we finish today's interrogation. Good luck." Jimin then swaps with Mina and she sits down across Wooyeon glaring at her.

Jimin watches from the other side of the glass biting his lip praying that Mina doesn't do anything crazy. Mina says, "You've been working with Daniel for 3 years, yes?" Wooyeon nods and says, "That's what I stated earlier." Mina smiles and nods then tosses a bunch of pictures on the table. She asks, "Do you know what was originally inside this hidden cabinet?" Wooyeon stutters, "I-it's been open?" Mina smirks at her and says, "Yes, but through our investigation. No one knew about this cabinet except for Daniel and I guess you."

Wooyeon fiddles her fingers and says, "I don't know." Mina looks at her and says, "How did you know about the secret compartment?" She says, "I've organized his desk by myself and I ran into it one day. I think Daniel was the only one who had a key, that's why I'm surprised someone stole the contents." Mina then asks, "What do you think about his wife?" Wooyeon says, "Jihyo? She's a nice lady, one of the reasons I regretted having an affair with Daniel."

Mina says, "She knew about your affair." Wooyeon looks at her shocked and says, "What? Did she just let it happen?" Mina shrugs her shoulders and says, "I don't know but does Jihyo ever visit Daniel in his office? Drop off food or just check up on him?" Wooyeon says, "She visits every Mondays and Fridays just to check up on Daniel and occasionally give him food." Mina smiles at her and says, "Thanks for your cooperation, since this was a secret interview then there will be no need to place you under witness protection. You're allowed to leave." Wooyeon shakes her hands and exits the room quietly.

They make their way back to their apartment and Mina plops herself on the couch. Jimin joins her a few seconds later with his laptop and says, "So what I got from today was that Jimin had some secret compartment in his desk which no one knows about, Kim Namjoon had a motive to kill him, and Jihyo is still a giant question mark." Mina nods and says, "What day was he murdered?" Jimin says, "Thursday morning. Right before a meeting with the relatives of the victims."

Mina says silently, "Ah, the victims. Do we have a full list of who was present in the building around the time of his death?" Jimin nods and pulls up the list and says, "Most of them were men, fathers of some of the interns and some brothers of the victims. There was one woman though, she goes by the name Im Nayeon. She's the long time girlfriend of the head scientist, Kim Seokjin." Mina says, "Is she still in Korea?"

After doing a little research, Jimin says, "Yeah. She lives not too far from here." Mina claps her hands and says, "Then we're done for today. We just have to contact her and have a small interview." Jimin closes his laptop and pats the spot next to him as Mina scoots in closer.

She says, "Sorry for getting mad last night, I was just-" Jimin says, "You don't need to explain, I'm sorry too." Mina says, "Want to go wash up?" He says, "You can go shower first." Mina then says, "No, I was asking if you wanted to join me." Jimin smirks and says, "If I go, we'll get more dirty than clean." Mina nods her head and says, "I know."