Girls New Home

One thing Kyoraku didn't look forward to was dealing with the forty-six. The way the council function didn't change even after the complete forty-six was replaced by new members. The new head taicho wasn't sure if they had in fact changed thanks to the latest war. The original purpose of the council was to prevent corruption among the Gotei Thirteen by maintaining a balance, but in reality there seemed to be corruption within the forty-six.

He stepped into the dark room and frowned at the council and imagined the conversation he would like to have with them. "There is honestly more important things myself to be taking care of then spending time talking to you. I do realize though that you need a report since you have isolated yourselves from what goes on outside of this chambers."

"Such insolence..."

"Yes. I'm intentionally being insolent to you. I'll be as cordial as I need to be with you. Let me make it clear that while I will bide by most decisions that the forty-six makes, I will not stand by if I feel that justice is not being served."

"We wish to place the Quincy on trial."

"So you can make them disappear? Just like you did in the past? I will not stand by idoly while it happens again. It is time we need to be a whole."

The older of his zampaktuo spirits piped up. "Come now... it hopefully will not come to this."

The man took a deep breath and waited for the forty-six to speak first. "We wish to determine whether the Quincy will be a threat to us and Soul Society."

Kyoraku took a deep breath while he held his hands behind his back. "Do you mean to determine whether they are a threat like they were in the past? Twice at least there has been an attempt in our history to erase the Quincy. Is that the best option?"

"Should this not be something that we in fact decide?"

"No. I don't think that this is something you should decide."

"The Quincy are abominations. They should be destroyed."

Kyoraku took a deep breath. "Thank you for making it clear that you feel that you wish to see them destroyed and cover up your past misdeeds."

"Nothing of the sort!"

"Are the Quincy really abominations? Or is it their leader and you who made them out to be this way?"

"Why do you wish to stand up for them?"

"The first reason happens to be the fact some of those Quincy are mere children. The second reason happens to be this. The Quincy have been hiding among us for a very long time. There is no telling which of the children have bloodlines from two sides. You're condemning our next generation if you ask for the irradiation of the Quincy. It's time to put the past in the past."

"And have us look bad?"

"You'll look bad if you order the killing of the Quincy." Kyoraku took a deep breath. "There are a lot of the upper ranks who will not follow the orders to kill the Quincy either. If you order your own guards to kill them, then we will step in. Soul Society has changed for the better. The forty-six also needs to make the move towards making a new start."

The head taicho left then and waited for the decision. "The trials of the Quincy war criminals will be left in the hands of the Gotei Thirteen. The only stipulation we place upon the Gotei Thirteen is to place all Quincy under trial except for the ones that are deemed to be mere children. We place the decision for deciding which Quincy qualify as children under the discretion of not the head captain, but Ukitake Taicho. The Gotei Thirteen is also now their legal guardians."