Meeting Others

The young first year academy student took a deep breath as she woke up and stretched. Hana hurried to get dressed before hurrying off to breakfast in the academy canteen. She then headed to the first class of the day and paid no mind to the students that watched her and simply remained in her own world. Her small feet kicked back and forth as she leaned into her hands. Inaba on the other hand felt as if his neck were crawling as he was all to aware of the others staring at him as well as the gossiping that went on around them.

Classes finally ended for the day and they both started towards the forth division for the first meeting of the Shinigami Kids Society after changing into the kimonos they wore when they were not at the academy. Hana held her pass close to her heart and walked with a skip to her step while Inaba clutched his pass within his robes. A sudden smack on the back of the head from behind caused the male first year to wince and take a hand up to the back of his head. He watched as Honzo and another male from the academy hurried past laughing.

He let out a sigh and started to walk again only to realize that Hana was not beside him anymore. He turned his head to see that the small female was looking at him in horror. "What ever is the matter Kamoku-san?"

"That was mean!" The small female's face paled.

"Don't worry about it." Inaba turned his head forward and began to walk forward only to have the sleeve of his summer wear grabbed. He tilted his head back to see that the small female's hair was watering at the corners and her mouth was twisted up into a frown. "Why is it she's becoming a Shinigami? She acts this way whenever we're asked to kill Hollows."

"How can I not worry about it? I heard it quite well and it sounded painful. We need to get you medical attention. I know... since we're already heading to the forth division we'll get it checked out there." Hana's hand reached up and grabbed his sleeve and began to pull him along behind her.

"Kamoku-san! We're going to be late for the meeting if we do that! Plus... it really doesn't hurt that bad." Inaba let out a sigh as she continued to tug him along.

A man with blond hair and strange eyeware glared at the two when they arrived at the forth division. Hana pointed her finger at Inaba. "He has a head injury... so please help him."

The other first year took a deep breath and tried speaking under his breath to get her attention. "Kamoku-san!"

"You two aren't Shinigami."

"That's because we haven't yet graduated from the academy. Eventually we will though."

Inaba's eyes narrowed from frustration while his mouth twisted up in frustration. The man pushed up his glasses again. "Seriously... with all the Shinigami we have to take care of we now have to take care of this."

Hana's mouth dropped and her eyes widened in horror. She let go of Inaba's sleeve and tore off down the hall way sniffling. "You bully! I'll find someone else to take a look at Terunori-kun's head!"

The man blinked a couple of times. "She's an academy student?"

Inaba glared at the man. "You're supposed to be a Shinigami, but made a little girl cry. You also likely made her get lost in an unfamiliar place. How lame is that?"

The man pointed his finger at the first year academy student. "You're one to talk. You have a head injury."

"About that..." The academy student continued to glare at the man with disgust. "... another academy student hit me on the back of the head and she over reacted. If you don't mind... would you help me find her. It would be nice to find her before the meeting starts as well as I would rather not be late."