Drowning Feeling

The sight of a sunset normally calmed the young taicho down. The white haired youth looked up at the door to his quarters that was cracked open and began to worry his lip as the colors cast by the sunset indicated it was getting rather late. The memory of the Quincy with the Mohawk standing outside of his door flashed through his mind and he swallowed deeply in order to keep his panic at bay.

He flopped down onto the bed and placed a hand over his forehead, the palm side down. His mouth twisted up into a frown as he felt the fingers of his other hand twitch in a steady rhythm. "When is Kurosaki going to get back?"

"Be patient young master."

"I am seriously not liking this..."

"This is because you're bored and aren't allowed to dive into work."

"I wouldn't be bored if Matsumoto sent some of the paperwork my way." His phone rang causing him to sit up straight. His small hand reached out for his phone and a smile appeared on his face when he realized it was Ichigo calling. He flipped the phone open. "Kurosaki?" A second hand went up to hold the phone steady to his ear. "He is coming back... right?"

"Toshiro..." There was a slight pause on the other end. "I'll be heading back soon."

"I'm glad... though I won't say so. He'll think it's childish. Actually... it is childish that I'm needing Kurosaki like this." The young taicho felt his head tilt forward while his shoulders slumped. "Still... I feel good that he is going to be coming back."

"Hello? Toshiro-kun." Yuzu's sharp tone almost caused him to drop the phone onto the bed.

The young taicho's teal eyes widened. "What is she..."

"If you want to speak to Ichi-nii then you can very well come and visit your girlfriend. He's staying the night." The phone then clicked off.

"What just happened..." Toshiro let the phone drop to the bed. "Did Kurosaki lie? Was he trying to play some cruel joke."

"Young master... you know he wouldn't do that."

"Why do I feel..." The young taicho took a deep breath as a hand reached up absentmindedly to wipe away wetness from his eye. "Crap..." Setting his palms against the bed he pushed himself back towards the head of the bed and leaned up against the head board. His head titled back. "Seriously... I can't be crying. I've more control over my emotions then that. I'm also not an emotional basket case."

A deep breath came out of his chest just as the phone rang again. He grabbed the phone to see who was calling. He could feel his ears heating up as well as his cheeks. Seeing Ichigo's name again caused his breath to catch and his voice to strain. "If you're not going to come back, then just say so. Don't bother me other wise." Toshiro's eyes blinked a couple of times as his chest tightened. "Did I just..."

"Yes. You completely lost it young master."

Toshiro took a deep breath as his fingers tightened. The nasty feelings wouldn't go away despite his desperation to push them away into the back of his mind. Ichigo's voice on the other hand was completely calm. "Toshiro... ignore what Yuzu said. She wasn't thinking and didn't run by what she wanted with everyone else. I'll be back tonight, so don't worry."

"I messed up. I acted like a complete idiot and he of all people knows it."

"I don't think he minds."

"I don't care if he doesn't mind! I care that I made a complete fool of myself. I hate the fact I'm acting like such a child!"

"Calm down young one."