Paper Cuts

Many of the female students didn't know what the pink haired child was talking about when she announced they were doing crafts. The pink haired child pulled out powders that sparkled and caught their interest which in turn made them stay. Hana walked over tugging at Inaba's sleeve. Her brown eyes were wide with curiosity as well. They both sat down near the table and watched not at all sure what was supposed to be done with the items on the table.

The pink haired child went to work cutting away at the colored papers and folding things. A few of the girls picked up the glitter and turned it over to examine what the item was. None of them knew hat it was used for. Hana watched as one of the boys putted around with a tea set and a cup of tea was placed in front of everyone. Inaba was fine taking a cup of tea, but still eyed the entire craft warily. He took a deep breath before taking a deep breath.

A bowl was placed in the center of the table with objects wrapped in different kinds of papers. The girl with pink hair reached out and unwrapped one and popped it into her mouth. Hana reached out for one of the treats. She stopped shortly reaching into the bowl. One of the boy's who remained reached in for a handful and set it in front of him before opening one up and popping it into his mouth. She reached in and pulled out one of the items as did a few girls. She placed one in her mouth.

Two brown eyes widened in surprise. "This is sweet."

Inaba reached out then and picked out one of the items. He turned it over and over with a look of worry on his face. "Exactly what is this?"

"Candy!' The pink haired child smiled and rose her hand into the air. The other children flinched at her hyper personality.

"Candy?" Inaba frowned. "This doesn't look like any of the sweets I'm familiar with."

A silence fell over the room as they looked at the girl. The one serving tea blinked a couple of times before speaking up. "I forgot. Those of you out in the Rukongai haven't ever had Western sweets before?"

"Are they from the Western part of Japan?" Hana's eyes widened.

"No..." One of the girls spoke up as if she knew what she was talking about. "They're sweets from outside of the country of Japan."

"China Kumiko-chan?" Two brown eyes blinked a couple of times again.

"No... even farther then that. The nobles have quite a few luxurious from these countries."

"Please stop rubbing in the fact you're a member of the Akimoto nobl clan," one of the girls snapped.

"Now, now!" Miki shook her head at the two girls as Inaba unwrapped the treat and popped it into his mouth.

The pink haired girl cut out the paper and began to glue items on it before holding up. "It's a crown."

The girls still looked at her in confusion. She then set out making another one of these crafts. The other girl cut some more papers and held it out. "Snowflake!" A few minutes later she shows them something they were familiar with. "Flower."

The flowers had paper petals with glitter attached. Hana blinked a couple of times while one of the other girls spoke up. "So... we can make anything we want?"

"That's the point of crafts."

Hana looked at the colored papers wondering what she would choose to create from them. She decided to finally settle on making the cherry flowers, only to find herself frowning as she couldn't make the flowers nice like she wanted them to be while the girl in sixth year was able to create very accurate flowers. Eventually the club ended and she found herself heading back to the academy with a smile on her face while Inaba followed close behind.