twenty two - kai

i sit frozen still as elliot's lips part away from my own. i gulp, not knowing what to do.

we stare at each other in utter shock and awe, just an inch apart, his nose almost touching mine. uneven breaths pass my lips and i don't dare move.

with my heart pounding, my chest rising, and my mind running; i do something which baffles me completely.

i lean in again.

i capture his lips, closing my eyes briefly as skin meets skin. his head moves back slightly, but i expected it from my sudden move. we stay like this for a few seconds before i feel him deepen the kiss, only a little.

but it's enough for the realisation of the situation to hit me like a ton of bricks.

i quickly pull my head away from his with wide eyes. my cheeks growing impossibly redder, and i study elliot's face as his do the same.

he looks down, seemingly embarrassed and confused. i'd be lying if i said i didn't feel the same.

my raggedy breaths remind me of how dry my throat's getting, so i use this as an excuse.

however, talking seemed impossible.

"i- i'm getting water." i stutter fast, getting up and escaping out of my door. i sprint down the stairs, almost tripping a few times.

when i make it to the kitchen, i lean against the sink. my mind decided against water, because apparently it'd rather stop to think about what just happened.

i sigh, ignoring my every thought as i grab a glass and chug a cup of water. upon hearing quiet steps descending down the stairs, i walk out of the kitchen.

elliot walks towards me with his hands interlocked, fiddling with his thumbs.

when he steps closer, the hall light reflects on his face, and i realise he's been crying.

guilt takes over.

"elliot? what's up? why are you crying?" i blurt out suddenly.

he only shrugs at this, still breathing heavy.

i step closer to him, my hand immediately finding its way to his cheek.

"i don't know what just happened." he admits, refusing to meet my eyes. his voice sounds strained, and i suddenly feel even guiltier.

"me neither." i whisper, unsure of what else to say.

i drop my hand from his face, worried that he'd think i'm too much. i let my eyes wander around the room, trying to find something other than elliot to stare at.

a wave of silence washes over us, and elliot takes a step backwards.

"i have to get home." he says, finally breaking the odd tension. i follow him to the door, and watch as he turns the handle.

"can you wait here a second?" i ask, desperately. suddenly realising he needs to stay here.

he appears to contemplate my question for a while, so i take the time to sprint upstairs to grab my phone. i shoot jake a quick text while rushing downstairs to elliot.

is it done?'

i search elliot's eyes after slipping my phone in my pocket. his expression's unreadable, i can't tell how he's feeling.

when he turns back around to leave, i force myself to stop him again.

"you want to watch a movie?"

"it's getting late." he says, shaking his head.

my heart sinks, and i rack my brain for excuses to give him on why he should stay with me. but none come to mind.

"leo...please?"

his frown falters at this, and he looks straight into my eyes. i hold my breath as he debates my question in his head.

and then he drops his bag to floor with a sigh, and takes his jacket off.

a grin breaks out on my face, and when elliot sees, a smile of his own makes an appearance. i grab his sleeve, and we run back upstairs into my room. i quietly close the door behind me and watch as elliot finds the controller.

i soon join him on the bed, getting comfortable. and i silently watch elliot scroll through the movie list.

"which movie?" he asks, adorably.

i shake my head, mentally scolding myself for thinking that. and i shrug, as he puts one on.

i don't get the chance to read the title before it starts playing, but i end up laughing aloud when i realise what it is.

"looney tunes?" i ask, shaking my head.

he only giggles at this, shrugging.

"how old are you?" i muse, and he looks down with a shy smile.

he pouts at me, "hey!"

i go to tease him again but he shushes me, and i don't stop myself before poking his cheek. he blushes, and turns back to the tv.

suddenly, my phone pings, indicating jake has replied- so i take it out and read his message.

'not yet, can he stay with u for the night?'

i sigh looking over at elliot, who's nestled into my covers like a child. a small smile plays at my lips and i fight the urge to cuddle him. instead, i just stare at him and his adorable state.

=====

word count: 862
*edited*
please vote!
thank you guys sm<3