thirty

kai grunts as his foot slips, causing him to topple gracefully off his skateboard, and onto the cold floor below. his body goes limp as he groans, but being used to falling off a skateboard, he only chuckles to himself.

as he sits himself up, he shakes his head, his blonde scruffy hair bouncy delicately on top of his head.

ever since that night with elliot, his mind has been preoccupied. he can't seem to stop thinking about it.

obviously, it made him feel euphoric, and it still does every time his mind wanders to the boy. he finds himself missing elliot when he's not around.

but he wishes that his thoughts could just turn off, because it's been a week and he would really like to spend a few hours learning some new tricks.

kai has spent more time on the floor than his board, and although thinking of elliot was his favourite passtime, he almost hated himself for it. he couldn't even focus for a few hours.

a little ache grows in his chest every time he thinks of elliot's smile or the blush that he loves causing.

he hoists himself back up the ramp with his board in his hand, reminding himself that he needs to focus.

after some awkward positioning; he leans forward, sending himself down the ramp with ease. he chuckles to himself upon reaching the other side.

he spends the next few minutes going back and forth up different ramps, laughing with joy as he felt so free. and still, elliot was on his mind.

after a while, kai sighs and sits himself down, watching his skateboard roll down the ramp alone. he pulls out his phone ready to text elliot, but he reads his notifications to find out elliot has beat him to it.

'on my way, blue!'

a nervous grin breaks out on his face and he gulps. he's beyond excited, but his worry and anxiety keeps bubbling over and clouding in his mind.

elliot's newfound nickname for the other always makes him smile. elliot decided blue would suit the boy perfectly, and couldn't help but blush when kai agreed.

because the nickname holds memories.

he looks down at his attire once more, hoping that elliot won't hate it. his mind wanders yet again, this time to imagine what elliot is wearing.

just then, he hears elliot's usual bubbly voice from behind him shouting his name. he can hear him giggling, and it only makes his heart pound faster. he turns to see the boy, who's waving his phone with the flashlight on.

kai laughs, and hops off the ramp. he walks towards elliot, his hands shaking slightly from his jittery nerves.

when he reaches the other, elliot engulfs him in a warm hug (and a shy kiss on the cheek.)

kai's face heats up as he takes his hand, and he quickly forgets about his now-abandoned skateboard.

he takes in elliot's appearance quickly. a light pink hoodie which is way too big for the boy, and his usual messy curls sits on top of his head almost perfectly.

they begin their short walk to the field, laughing and talking along the way.

when they reach it, elliot puts his bag down and points his flashlight toward it as kai pulls the half a dozen blankets out from it.

they lie the blankets down, making them comfortable and elliot gently dives onto the pile, watching as kai does the same.

they turn and lie on their backs, and elliot turns off his flashlight as the moonlight is enough to light up their surroundings.

kai shyly finds his boyfriend's hand as they watch the stars together. he finally feels at ease; the date's perfect.

elliot's slightly colder hand in his own sends tingles through his body, and he couldn't be happier.

all that can be heard is hushed whispers and giggling as they talk and tease one another. well, mostly kai teasing elliot.

they talked about everything they could think of. they talked about themselves, and how they're glad to have found one another.

and how the stars always align, when given time.

the stars above them shine brightly, and kai looks over at elliot to find he's already doing the same. a pink tint finds it's way onto both of their faces as they grin at one another.

kai carefully leans over, and places a gentle kiss onto elliot's lips. his hands immediately finds home in kai's messier hair.

he slowly deepens the kiss, holding his face either side.

"kai." elliot says, pulling away. there's something on his mind.

he frowns, panting. "yeah?"

"i like you too."

a perfect date.

=====

word count: 832
*edited*
please vote!
the end!(:

=====

i really hope you enjoyed this book, writing it was literally my favourite thing to do. thank you for reading and for all your lovely feedback!

and again, thank you so much for liking this book, and i'm going to miss writing this ah):<

i love you.
<3