Before We Begin

**Warning: If you haven't read 'The Hunger Games' books or watched the movies and plan to, unless you don't care, I recommend you don't read this as this book contains some spoilers (ish)

For first time readers, welcome! If you are reading this, I am currently editing this book that needs some much needed TLC. You will be reading the original, uploaded chapters from years and years ago. The revised chapters probably won't appear for some time. Editing and life are heavy processes.

Just be wary - there will be some errors and possibly some inconsistencies. This was one of my first few fanfics I ever wrote, and I hadn't bothered to keep chapter outlines after I completed the story to keep my mind straight, so...yeah. You've been warned. Just know that I'm on the case currently and working on it.

If you have read my first HG fic "Against All Odds" these two do not exist in the same universe. I'm sure it has crossed some minds when you shift from that book to this one. And while this book is set in THG universe (or at this point an AU, with what lies ahead), I can assure you, this is not a replica of the original series.

Who you are about to meet, you may love or hate. You may develop ships that you will die for, or love until the end of time. Or just outright hate and wish the ship would sink. And that's okay. As a writer, I understand that not everyone is going to like everything about this book. There will be things that will drive you mad. There will be things that you love.

Bottom line: if my book gets a reaction out of you, I want to read your comments! It gives me a sense of what readers see that I may not (outside perspectives are always refreshing when you've read your work over, and over, and over again...)

*Disclaimer: Most characters (with the exception of mentions of a few original characters) belong to me, as well as the plot. The entire world of Panem and all of its concepts belongs to the book series by Suzanne Collins. 

*8/30/14: Winner of @shanrae93's Best Story Awards (Fan Fiction Category)