9. Disobedient

9. Disobedient

"Do you even have a game plan, either of you?" Ross asked Bane and me the next morning.

I felt a little more awake than I had yesterday, so that was a step in the right direction. My mind was still waking up though, and honestly, I hadn't even thought about what I was going to do tomorrow for the Gamemakers. An extra day of training I wouldn't have minded, it'd give me more time to make up my mind. Thinking of a game plan today seemed like so little time.

Breakfast was done, and Bane and I were already in our training outfits. I was tucking in my ponytail and making sure my pants weren't riding up my ass like I felt they were. Demi really wanted to show off my figure with this outfit. I leaned against the couch.

"I don't have the slightest idea," I sighed, fiddling with the poof I had from my tucked-in ponytail. "Two days isn't enough to think of something!"

"It should be," Ross retorted.

"Fine, then two days isn't enough to train up!"

"Did you feel good in anything yesterday?" he probed.

"I did okay with knives, but I definitely climb well," I listed. "I suppose I could try doing hand-to-hand combat, you know, all the physical stuff. My dad trained me up with wrestling and all."

"That's what you're doing for tomorrow."

"I guess I can." I shrugged.

"I'll think of something," Bane said, scratching one of his muscled arms. "We're Careers, after all. Nothing should be too difficult for us, right?" His green eyes bore into my blue eyes.

"If you say so," I complied.

"That should turn into a 'yes' by the end of today's training," Ross told me. "Now, one last thing before you two go—this is more for you, Bane, than Crystal."

"All right," Bane said, focusing on Ross.

"Focus on nothing but training and bonding with the pack. I don't want you to go after anybody when it's unnecessary. I'm sure a lot of tributes are intimidated by you already. You save that energy for the arena. Got it?"

"Yeah."

"Crystal, keep him in check, will you?"

"If you want me to that badly, I'll give it a shot," I assured Ross, though my voice sounded uneasy. Trying to control Bane would be difficult. Remember what Demi's theory was, though. If he is in love with you, he'll probably listen to you. Somehow Demi's theory always seemed to walk back into my brain.

Ross dismissed us from the apartment. Bane and I once again walked and went down in the elevator in silence. Since Ross suggested being physical was the best way to go for me, I figured I might as well go with his opinion. He was the expert, after all. I was surprised I didn't think of that sooner.

We were in the middle of the tributes that arrived into the Training Center. Garret was by the doorway when we walked in. He didn't call us together since we knew the rules from yesterday. He let us get to training right off the bat.

The first station I sauntered over to was the Hand-to-Hand Combat. An assistant looked eager to take me on; I could see his body twitch with excitement. I bet nobody went to this station often. I offered him an innocent smile.