10. Focus

10. Focus

Bane seemed to ease up a little more once back in the apartment, but I could tell he was still fuming. I didn't want his negative energy affecting me, so I tried to calm him down, but he moved away each time I tried to help him. Eventually, he shut himself up in his room. He was doing the same treatment I did yesterday.

So this was what it felt like.

I decided since Bane wouldn't sneak out of his room anytime soon, I would take a nap on the couch. I took a nap for what only seemed to be an hour before Ross woke me up, nearly scaring me to death. I sat up, rubbing my eyes.

"Did you two fight again?" he asked. "He's locked himself in his room."

"Hmm? Oh, no, we didn't." I yawned, scratching my head. "There was a little incident in training today."

Ross groaned, dumping his head into the top of the couch, rubbing the back of his neck. "Would you like to tell me or should I hear it from him?"

"I'll tell you what I saw, because I doubt you'll have much luck getting a story out of Bane." I sat up, curling into the couch. Ross picked his head up, brown eyes looking stressed out. "The boy from Twelve was throwing weights and it accidentally slipped out of his grasp. Not whether that's true or not, I don't know. I didn't see it happen. Anyway, the weight flew into me, but it only hit my leg. Naturally, I made a scene, and Bane noticed." Ross shook his head. "There was no fight, but it was close to one." I sighed.

"I told him to focus on training and bonding with the pack!" Ross moaned.

"Oh, you should have heard him on the elevator ride up. He despises the boy; he wants him to be his first kill in the arena."

"That harsh of a grudge, huh?"

"Mhm. First, he snapped because he caught the boy looking, and now he nearly fought him because of a mishap in training." I scratched behind my ear. "I don't know what we're going to do about him, Ross. I really don't."

"I'm guessing he's not calmed down any?"

"No," I said flatly. "I've tried to help him, but he doesn't want me around him. That's why he shut himself up in his room."

"Give him time, he'll settle down. He did yesterday."

"That's because you talked to him. Maybe you could again later?" I looked up at him.

"I can try." There was a silence between us. "On a lighter note, did either of you find a plan for tomorrow?"

"I don't know about Bane, but I did," I said proudly.

"See, figuring out a plan in two days wasn't a sweat, now was it?"

"Oh shut up," I groaned. Ross snickered.

After Ross let me be, I took another, longer nap on the couch.

* * *

The aroma of food made me smile, and I was contemplating whether or not to get myself up to eat. The food shouldn't go to waste. Stretching, I realized I was lying on my stomach on the couch. The curtains were pulled, so I assumed I had slept into nightfall. Hell, I should have just slept through the night if I was getting up just now.

I pulled myself up, the food smelled so delicious I thought I was drooling. Wiping my mouth just in case, I stretched my legs as I walked to the kitchen. Half the food seemed to be gone already.