Chapter 295: Phoenix Trap (Part 3)

Xiao Bojian couldn't figure out how He Changdi had appeared here so abruptly when he had prepared such a meticulous plan. Moreover, he had impeccable timing!

It was as if He Changdi had already anticipated all of this and had only been waiting for him to fall into his trap.

Xiao Bojian gnashed his teeth. A sinister glint appeared in his eyes. He glared at He Changdi with his icy gaze, as if he wanted to shred the man in front of him to pieces!

However, He Sanlang wasn't a simple man. He was completely indifferent to the murderous intentions within Xiao Bojian's gaze.

The two of them waged a silent war with their eyes, nearly causing sparks to fly through the sheer force of their glares.

Soon, footsteps could be heard approaching from the distance.

Chu Lian felt inwardly relieved. It seemed like the people that Princess Wei sent had arrived.

Xiao Bojian had an extremely terrible expression on his face. One slowly retreated to Xiao Bojian's side and whispered something into his ears. After that, he shielded Xiao Bojian by keeping him behind himself.

Xiao Bojian realised that his plan for today had been completely ruined. He had already lost the best opportunity to strike.

He turned away from the irritating He Changdi and met with Chu Lian's solemn face instead.

Before he left, he said, "Lian'er, I'm still true to my words. If you come and find me, I'll tell you the truth."

Leaving behind that parting message, Xiao Bojian left without any hesitation under the protection of One. They swiftly disappeared around the corner of the remote palace hall.

He Changdi didn't chase after them. Although he was highly skilled in martial arts, if they really fought, he would barely be able to hold his own against One. As a specially trained assassin, One definitely had some hidden skills up his sleeves. If they really engaged in battle right now, he would probably be at a disadvantage.

Furthermore, he still needed to protect Chu Lian, so he couldn't risk their own safety.

Xiao Bojian seemed to have also predicted He Changdi's thoughts, so he immediately left under One's protection without any intention to fight.

The sound of footsteps seems to be getting closer. She could also hear the sound of voices accompanying them from time to time. Chu Lian glanced at He Changdi, who was still standing beside her. Worried, she said, "Hurry and leave. If someone finds you in the rear court, you'll be punished."

Men were prohibited from entering the inner palace without permission. Even princes had to move out of the palace and into their own estates when they came of age, let alone outsiders.

He Changdi wasn't one of the imperial guards who were allowed to enter and leave the inner palace freely.

However, instead of leaving, He Sanlang pulled his wife closer, then suddenly embraced her with his arms. Chu Lian could feel the gentle kiss he planted on her hair, near her ear.

Even Chu Lian didn't know how anxious and tense He Changdi had been when he had been hiding in the shadows earlier.

He was afraid that his beloved wife would personally agree to leave with Xiao Bojian.

He didn't know when he started having these feelings, but Chu Lian had already occupied the most important place in his heart. If she ever left, his entire heart would be completely emptied.

Chu Lian didn't know that so many thoughts had already gone through the mind of the 'sensitive' and 'thoughtful' He Changdi. She exherted some strength and pushed at He Changdi's sturdy chest with her two little hands while saying, "He Changdi, let go of me! The palace servants are almost here!"