Chapter 324: Causing Her Own Demise

He Changdi looked her over once before ordering, "Put it down and get out."

Jingyan was startled by the abrupt command. She hadn't thought that He Changdi would be so cold and indifferent towards her. His gaze hadn't even lingered a second longer over her.

Jingyan bit her lip and made a decision in her heart.

She only had one chance! If she missed out on this one chance, then she would have to give up on her dream!

She took a deep breath and put on the most seductive expression she could muster. Ignoring He Changdi's order to set down the box and leave, she sashayed up to He Changdi and put the food box down at one corner of the table. In a soft voice, she said, "Master, Madam is worried for your health, so Madam specially told me to watch Master drink the soup down."

The cold aura that He Changdi had kept under control suddenly burst out in full force. He had been considering the fact that Jingyan had been serving as Chu Lian's maidservant ever since she had married him, so he had given her some leeway. However, since she wanted to invite her own death, he wasn't going to show her any mercy.

Jingyan hadn't noticed the subtle changes in He Changdi. She was so nervous that her heart was about to leap out of her chest. She couldn't possibly have taken note of the expression on He Changdi's slightly bowed head.

Her slender hand moved to her waist. With a gentle tug, her thin nightgown came undone, revealing her long, snow-white legs and her full bosom...

Jingyan gathered her courage and leaned over the table, revealing her exposed chest to He Changdi's sight. Her voice wavered as she offered in a delicate and frail manner, "Ma... Master, this servant will help you drink the soup..."

The rage in He Changdi's chest reached its peak upon hearing Jingyan's shy words.

He abruptly lifted his head. The frozen expression on his handsome face had finally changed, but it wasn't the change Jingyan had been hoping for.

His handsome mien was slightly contorted into a malevolent expression, and his deep eyes were like ancient glaciers.

Jingyan was scared stiff by that sinister look on He Changdi. Her eyes widened in disbelief as she lost all strength and collapsed to the ground.

By now, Jingyan had finally realised how stupid her decision had been. However, it was too late for regrets.

He Changdi didn't have an ounce of pity for a woman like this. A corner of his lips tugged upwards into a smirk. That smirk wasn't sympathetic at all; rather, it made him seem even more terrifying and cruel.

In the next second, the dishevelled and half-naked Jingyan was kicked right out of the study. She rolled and landed right by Laiyue's feet.

Laiyue: ......

Following that, He Changdi's angry roar rang loud from the study. "Once you've taken care of her, go and punish yourself!"

Laiyue's own expression turned overcast and he glared fiercely at the unconscious Jingyan. He was extremely vexed inside. This damned woman had caused trouble for him!

Even though he felt very indignant and wanted to beat up Jingyan to relieve his anger for a bit, Laiyue didn't dare to tarry on fulfilling He Changdi's order.

He took out a black bamboo whistle and blew on it. In a short moment, two guards appeared from the darkness. With just a simple hand gesture from Laiyue, the two black-clad guards took the unconscious Jingyan away.

Laiyue hesitated for a moment before turning back and entering the study.

He Changdi looked up and swept a cold gaze over the manservant, making Laiyue freeze.