Chapter 336: Rural Estate

Although Xiao Bojian hated the touch of the woman before him, he hid it well.

"Hmm?"

His tone rose in pitch near the end, making it slightly flirty.

As expected, the woman ate up his act. She giggled girlishly before putting her hands on Xiao Bojian's naked upper body.

"Sir Xiao, I advise you to give up! Although the emperor doesn't like Marquis Anyuan much, it's not to the point where he would break apart Marquis Anyuan and Honoured Lady Jinyi. While Honoured Lady Jinyi's secret identity is rather grand, it's not something that can be revealed to the world. Even if the emperor wants to protect her, he wouldn't do it in the open. Since Honoured Lady Jinyi is already pregnant with Marquis Anyuan's child, the emperor has slowly abandoned his initial notions."

Actually, she didn't really understand the man under her.

He was clearly a bright and strong youth, admired by many of the ladies in the capital. Why did he have to set his heart on the already married Honoured Lady Jinyi? Even if Honoured Lady Jinyi had a somewhat special identity, surely he didn't have to go this far?

Marquis Anyuan wasn't a simple man. Furthermore, his second brother, He Erlang, was one of the emperor's imperial guards...

A fierce tempest was broiling under the surface of Xiao Bojian's gaze, but he didn't reveal any of it.

Hidden under the brocade blankets, his right hand curled up into a fist, making his knuckles shine white.

He hadn't thought that the emperor would still be able to put up with He Changdi even after all he had done!

This was what humans were like. They hungered for what they couldn't get. By now, Chu Lian had already become Xiao Bojian's obsession.

From what he could see, Chu Lian's position in the emperor's heart was even greater than what he had estimated.

Xiao Bojian shut his eyes to hide the possessive glint in his gaze.

After a moment, when he had calmed his emotions, he spoke once again, "Then about Imperial Concubine Wei?"

The woman sent another amorous smile his way, "Rest assured, Sister has already pulled it off without a hitch. In two more months, you and Sixth Prince can simply reel in the net."

This time, satisfaction leaked out from Xiao Bojian's smile. His hand slid down to the woman's round bottom and groped it hard. Following that, he started moving viciously without any mercy.

In the haze of movement, the woman's face became more indistinct, and finally morphed into that fresh and innocent face of the woman he longed for. Seeing that face in front of him, Xiao Bojian could no longer hold himself back.

It wasn't until darkness fell over the capital that he finally exited the room.

As for the woman left on the bed behind him, her body was covered in bruises and her eyes had gone dim. When the maidservant waiting outside saw that Xiao Bojian had left with his men, she entered the room, only to be met with the sight of her madam's abused body. She almost cried out in alarm.

The desolate autumn winds heralded the arrival of October.

At the start of October, news came from Shandong that the five noble houses of Shandong had been completely devoured by House Sima.

Closely following after that came the news that Prince Yinshan had lent his army to the Sixth Prince's faction.

In the middle of October, Xiao Bojian forced rich merchants to submit and support Sixth Prince financially.