Chapter Two || The Two Idiots

❝chapter two❞

chapter two

━━━━━━━ ⟡ ━━━━━━━

We inevitably end up back in the garden, where I had the wild notion to take off my Converse and undress into my underwear. Luckily, they matched; otherwise, this would have been quite awkward. Bonnie follows me by grinning jokingly and removing her high shoes. Since everyone else in the house was participating, nobody really paid attention to us, but the most important thing was that I had fun. We hurried to the pool's edge and dove into the chilly water after I grabbed my closest friend's hand. I could see Bonnie grinning at me as I opened my eyes underwater, the pool's underwater lights shining bright. Since we were both too short to swim, we surfaced close to the edge and wiggled our legs like frogs to remain afloat. We started laughing so hard that my sides hurt with just one glance. I had to look away from her at one point because it was difficult to breathe, but every time I turned around, I got this strange feeling as though what was occurring was the funniest thing ever. Although the makeup on my face was undoubtedly, as well as her mascara flowing, the reason I was laughing so hard, we both felt like two little girls with no cares in the world.

"Geronimo!" I could see Quinn Shaw preparing to dive into the pool from the top of the fraternity house. He was above us in the air in a matter of seconds, and his body submerged in the water in the same amount of time. Once he started moving, everyone who had been watching in expectation began applauding him. I gave Bonnie a strange look, and we both burst out laughing.

Quinn swam over to us, "What's up, guys?"

He approached me to offer me a hug after I grinned toothily at him. His body was scorching hot, briefly warming me. I began to tremble as soon as he moved away to embrace Bonnie since the water seemed much colder than it had previously.

"You're crazy, Quinn!" Bonnie said, ruffling his wet curls. He chuckled and shook his head, a few drops of cold water hitting me in the face. He pushed his hair backwards and turned towards me.

"Glad to see you here, Brooks. It's been a while."

"Yeah, I wasn't really feeling parties lately," I shrugged and he raised an eyebrow.

"It's been a year, how you holding up?" I made a conscious effort to block out Quinn's innocent question about what occurred the previous year. Bonnie shook her head violently and said something along the lines that we don't like talking about it. Quinn sighed and wrapped his arms around me, warming me up once again. "I know it's been hard," he whispers in my ear, "but we're all here, ok?"

I simply nodded and he let go of me, he waved at us as he got out of the pool and towards a group of boys that we're laughing about something. Bonnie pursed her lips and patted my shoulders. She pulled herself out of the pool and helped me up as well. On the lounges, there were a few towels, so we each took one to dry off. I attempted to draw my jeans up, but it took me a while since I hadn't dried my legs thoroughly, and Bonnie made fun of me for trying to raise them above my thighs. I almost fell, but fortunately Bonnie caught me. It also took her a while to put the dress on because her back was wet and also the dress was in rolls at the back, I quickly helped her and then we made our way to Sawyer.