Chapter Five || Football Game Night

❝chapter five❞

chapter five

━━━━━━━ ⟡ ━━━━━━━

I couldn't believe my eyes. My two best friends were kissing. They were fully making out in a flipping janitor's room, I mean from what classroom could've they have came out of? "Did you—" Bonnie suddenly stops kissing Max and she turns to look at me in horror. A loud scream escapes her lips and she pushes Max harshly into the metal door, pulling on an innocent smile and holding her hands behind her back. I couldn't comprehend what was going on so I just stared at Bonnie and Max bewildered.

A feeling of anger crept up in me, I didn't understand why they wouldn't tell me they liked each other and that they we're dating. It wasn't like I would've gotten mad at them for catching feelings for one another, I knew perfectly fine that you don't choose who your heart falls in love with but I just thought they would've trusted me more. But then I started beaming and I jumped to my feet to run into Bonnie's arms.

"You bitch," I slapped her shoulder playfully as she watched me surprised that I reacted that way. After a few seconds we start laughing and I turned to fist bump Max, "Hurt her and I won't care that you're my best friend," I said seriously and then continued laughing. I went back to where Jax and I were sitting on the floor and grabbed the bag with food along with my backpack. Jax pulled the bag from my hand and left the hall without a word. I looked back at Bonnie and shrugged, following him outside to a wooden picnic table. As we walked up to the table, I held Bonnie back and motioned to Max to go, "When did this happen?"

She sighed and grabbed my hands, holding them between us, "Remember that fling I had with Jay, and Max kept getting jealous? Well, I confronted him about it because it just didn't make sense to me. Why would he get so jealous about a friend having a little thing going on because I genuinely never thought he could like me and well we were arguing about it and in the heat of the moment— things happened."

"So, you mean... you and Max have been together for three weeks now?" She nodded softly and looked at me with wide eyes, so she wouldn't miss my reaction, but I assured her once again that I was happy for them. "I just don't understand why you didn't tell me sooner."

"I wasn't sure where we was going and if we were actually going to get together, but then he popped the question yesterday and I was going to tell you today, I swear, but not at school. I wanted us to be in private," she shrugged, showing me her puppy eyes like she always did when she didn't want me to get mad at her.

Without saying anything, I pulled her into a tight hug and held her for a few seconds before grabbing her face into my hands, "I'm happy if you're happy, pumpkin." At the table, Jax was seating down, laughing with Max about something and taking out all of the sandwiches I have bought from the bag. I didn't realise there were going to be so many people otherwise I would've bought more sandwiches. I only had nine after all, it wasn't enough to go around. I sat opposite Jax, Max sitting besides to him and Bonnie on my left. I grabbed the four chicken and avocado wraps and one tuna melt panini. Bonnie went to grab a wrap but I slapped her hand away. She gave me a dirty look and grabbed one of the gluten free ham & cheese panini.