Chapter Eleven || Nightmares and Cuddles

❝chapter eleven❞please read the disclaimer at the end!

chapter eleven
please read the disclaimer at the end!

━━━━━━━ ⟡ ━━━━━━━

Once we finally got back to the cabin, our parents told us we've been gone for about twenty minutes, but honestly it felt like four hours. The fire was already started, thanks to mom, and we brought some blankets to keep us warm as we stood around the fire. We made some s'mores sandwiches and laughed at old memories. Then Sawyer had the stupid idea to tell horror stories and the parents were all on it. Mr Quinn went up first, he brought his torch out and held it underneath his chin.

"Two college roommates, Lorelai and Kamille, have a test the morning after. Kamille got invited to a party with a guy she's been crushing on for a while now, and asks Lorelai to join her. Lorelai declines and says she'll stay in to study for the test. It was only after midnight that Kamille gets back home, and to not disturb Lorelai from her sleep, she goes to bed without turning the lights on. The morning after, when she tries to wake up her roommate, Kamille finds her with her throat cut open and written on the wall in blood are the words 'Aren't you glad you didn't turn on the lights?' "

"Dad, that's literally in supernatural!"

"It's actually a story that was very popular in 1997, way before supernatural was even produced," Mr Quinn scoffed, eating his s'more sandwich.

"He's got a point," Mrs Quinn defended him, letting her head fall on his shoulder and smiling to herself.

"Alright, then I'm next," Bonnie caught the torch Mr Quinn threw at her and she too held it under her chin. "Mr and Mrs Russell were really hoping to have a night out for themselves, but they couldn't since they had a little three year old son. They hired a babysitter, a sixteen year old girl, to take care of him for the night. After tucking the boy in bed, she went to watch TV in the bedroom upstairs, as instructed by the parents, because the little boy's been having nightmares lately. Once she settles in the parents' room and turns on the TV, she noticed a creepy looking clown statue, about life-sized, in the corner of the room. She tried to ignore it but it was way too creepy for her and finally she calls the dad to ask him if it's alright if she watches TV downstairs. When the dad asks why, she tells him that the clown statue is just creeping her out too much. There's a pause. "Get the child and leave the house," says the dad. "We don't have a clown statue." "

"Heard that one before," Sawyer teases and asks for the torch. "Here's a real scary story."

"We'll see about that," I snorted.

"This story happened on a Saturday night. Young Peter was home alone and was playing video games in the living room when he noticed something weird out the window. He went over to check what's happening and immediately called 911. The operator answered and asked Peter how he can help him. Peter told him that there was a man stumbling around in circles in his front yard—"