Chapter Three || A Midnight Trip

❝chapter three❞

chapter three

━━━━━━━ ⟡ ━━━━━━━

Bonnie and I walked into the living room where most of the people were playing truth or dare and seven minutes in heaven. We watched the truth and dare group to see what crazy stuff they were doing from the edge of a couch and at one point Bon nudges me with her elbow and I look at her to see her nod her head behind me, "You know Jax is literally staring at you."

"Say what?" I turned my head immediately but he wasn't anywhere in sight. Anyways, it didn't matter if Bonnie was joking or not because there was no reason why the most handsome guy in the whole university would be looking at me. Scratch that, the most annoying and arrogant guy the whole university.

"You just missed him, he got pulled by some blonde chick in the backyard. I think it was Karina West, I'm pretty sure the girl had neck tattoos," Bonnie squinted her eyes at the door, probably trying to remember what the girl looked like.

"Yeah sure," I replied, taking her shot glass from her hand and drinking it.

"I'm being dead serious, bro, he was literally staring at you—"

"Well he's not anymore!" I interrupted her, pursing my lips. Then I realised what she had said before, "Karina West? Blonde? Are you blind or something? The girl has brunette hair."

"She dyed it like... last week or something," she shrugged and looked back at the group, giving Declan Williamson a high five. Bonnie introduced me to Declan back in freshmen year when she met him in her media art class, at one point he was her supply of joints but she quit when she got with that boyfriend her mother didn't like. After the break up Declan started to follow her everywhere like a glued puppy, until Max was starting to get jealous that Bonnie didn't spend anymore time with us. She stopped whatever she had with Jay but still remained friends.

Later on, Bonnie slouched on the coach and I noticed she wasn't her usual self so I took her hand and pulled her off the coach to lead her on the dance floor where there were still a lot of students dancing. We went right in the middle, between everyone, and we put our hands up as we shook our head to the beat. Taking her hand, I twirled her around and we laughed when she tripped on her heels and was so close to spilling some guy's drink, "Not to kill the mood or anything, but this is the most social you have been in months. What happened?" Bonnie asked at one point, dragging me from the crowded area.

"Just felt like I needed to get back out there, you know?" I laughed even though what I said wasn't funny. It was probably the alcohol getting to my head, "It's time for the old me to come back. I needed this."

She only nodded and gave me a tight hug, "Oh, look, Max is here!"

"Imma come in a second!" She ran towards him and they went off somewhere. I looked around the house and noticed that all the people came in from the backyard to get something to drink or to eat. That only meant the pool area was empty so I took it as my chance to have a breath of air alone but what I didn't think was that Jax Parker was previously pulled out a few minutes ago by Karina West and that meant I would bump into them. And there goes my time alone. She leaned in for a kiss but he quickly turned his head on the side and closed his eyes tight. It was obvious that he wasn't interested at all but Karina still tried, not understanding the message she went for another kiss but this time Jax stepped back, putting his hands forward, stopping her from making other attempts.