concert

elle's POV

-----

"elle! wake up!" i hear an obnoxious voice yell in my ear. "madison! go away!" i groan at my younger sister. "mom told you that you couldn't yell at me anymore!" she recalls. "i don't care! let me sleep!" i throw my pillow at her. "but what about the concert?" she whines. "we're actually going to that?!" i sit up quickly. "yeah. mom bought the tickets like two months ago dummy" she rolls her eyes at me. "who taught you to do that?" i question. "elizabeth did." she tells me. 

madison is 5 years old and my other sister elizabeth is 13. i'm 17 myself. we live in England and apparently we are going to billie eilish's show today. i begged my mom to let me go for a long time but i didn't think we'd actually go. i'm surprised she budged. i hope madison and elizabeth don't go. i like when it's just my mom and i. my dad left us a few years back when madison was only a year old. i've gotten over it but elizabeth still hasn't. i see why though. it was hard for all of us. 

"elizabeth!" i scream. "god what?" she puts her hands up in defense and walks into my room. "why did you teach madison to roll her eyes?!" i furrow my eyebrows at her. "she saw me do it and wanted to know. you taught me so i assumed i'd pass down the wisdom." she shrugs. "i waited to teach you until you were 11! she's 5!" "so?" "she can't do that yet! she's the baby. mom needs a baby that isn't rude to her and acts little. not like us." i explain. "ugh, i didn't think of that" she folds her arms. "madison, come here." i tell her and pat a small space next to me. she climbs onto my bed and sits criss-cross applesauce where i told her to. "listen. i know that elizabeth taught you something cool, but you can't do that yet. you must wait." i explain. "ugh, why?" she rolls her eyes once again. "because, you aren't big yet. you're still fun sized. mom needs you to act like a child as long as you can. elizabeth and i are teenagers now. once you become 13, you may act like elizabeth here does due to hormones." i nod, getting a punch in the arm from elizabeth in return. "it's true! you where lovely like madison here and then you got your period and you turned into... this" i gesture up and down at her body. "thank you elle. that's so kind" she says sarcastically. "love you bethyyy" i smile as she walks out of my room. "let's make the bed now shall we?" i stand up from my bed and lift her off. "i need to go get dressed but you have fun with that" she says and runs away. i laugh to myself and make my bed. "i'm changing, don't come in for a bit!" i yell from my doorway once i finish. "alright!" i hear a voice yell back. 

i shut my door and look through my closet. i find a shirt i got for christmas. it has billie's album cover on it. i lift it over my head and put on a pair of black pants and a black belt. i put on a pair of white filas and walk to my bathroom. i brush through my hair quickly and call for elizabeth. "what?" she groans as she walks through my door. "can you braid my hair? pretty please?" i pout. "fine" she says. she sits on my bed and i sit on the floor in front of her and she starts braiding it. "you excited?" she asks. "very. i've been wanting to go to one of her concerts for years. i can't believe it's actually happening" i smile widely. "i hope you have fun" she laughs. "you're not coming?" i ask. "nah, i think it'd be good for you and mom to have a nice day alone together." she explains. "thank you so much elizabeth. i love you" i say and hug her leg beside me. "shut up and let me braid your hair" she laughs once again. "okay. sorry" i say and pretend to zip my lips. "almost done" she says. she puts in another hair tie and claps her hands. "all done" she says. "thank you lizzy" i smile and hug her tightly. "no problem." she hugs me back. "you wanna borrow my beanie?" she asks. "that'd be lovely thank you" i smile. "be right back." she leaves. i look at myself in the mirror and spin to see the back of my fit. "you look amazing sweetie" i hear my mom's voice from the doorway. "thank you mom" i smile widely and run to her and hug her. "you excited?" she laughs. "i'm really excited. thank you so, so, so much." i hug her tighter. "you're welcome hun." she hugs me back. i pull away after a while and elizabeth hands me a white beanie. "thank you" i take the beanie from her hands and hug her. "someone's touchy today" she laughs. "shut up, i'm excited" i say in the same tone as her. "we're gonna leave soon, you ready?" my mom asks. "yeah, i think so." i nod. "alrighty, let's get this show on the road" she claps. i grab my phone and follow my mom downstairs. "listen up, emily will be here in 5 minutes. i expect you to behave. elizabeth, you may leave if you choose but take your phone and tell emily where you are going before doing so. madison, you can have one or two friends over but i don't want you leaving the yard. if you do, make sure emily comes with you. i love you both very much." she explains and hugs them. "why does elizabeth get to leave but i can't?" madison complains. "you're still to young. i'm sorry sweetie." my mom apologizes. "what if you take me with?" madison suggests. "today is elle and i's day. remember when you and i went and saw disney on ice? and then elizabeth and i went to that tame impala concert? well now it is elle's day." my mom tells her. "okay. i love you." she pouts. "i love you both" my mom smiles and walks out to the garage. i hug elizabeth tightly and then madison. "love you guys" i smile and wave before following my mom. "love you! have fun!" elizabeth yells. "love you elle" i hear madison say before i shut the door. 

"wanna put on some music?" my mom asks once we get onto the road. "sure" i grab the aux cord and turn on 'when you die' by MGMT. "i don't wanna overlisten billie's songs before we go hear them at the concert." i explain. "makes sense" she shrugs. "i can't explain how overjoyed i am. i know i begged for years to go but this is still such a surprise. and quiet a pleasant one i may add." i smile. "this is your day sweetheart. and whatever you want, we're gonna do. i've been planning it for a long time." she nods and holds my hand in her's. i squeeze it and smile wider.

--------------

a/n: i had sooooo much more written and then i accidentally refreshed and it all got deleted except for this so... fml.